chapter 73

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa was seated with her grandma, just talking. They were reminiscing about the good times they had. Her grandma did not know about Elsa's sickness.

She had decided to deal with it alone, not wanting her grandma to become sad or worry about her. Grandma made lunch alone, refusing to let her granddaughter help, and they ate together.

As Elsa was clearing the table, her phone started ringing in her pocket. She reached for it to check who was calling her.

It showed an unknown number, a number she didn't recognize at all. Elsa was hesitant at first, but she ended up answering.

"Hello."

"Hello, Halverson!" A woman's voice she recognized responded from the other side of the call. Elsa's mood turned from happy to angry in a matter of seconds.

"Victoria," she said, the name leaving a sour taste in her mouth.

"Gwen... Oh wait, sorry... Elsa." She then laughed in a mocking way on the phone, as if she were possessed.

Elsa didn't know what was so funny, nor did she want to ask.

She wanted to hang up on her immediately. But before she did, Victoria said, "What did I tell you, you little bitch? Do you remember?"

She paused, waiting for Elsa to answer, but she didn't.

So, Victoria answered for her. "I told you, if you don't divorce Jeremy, every time I see you, I will get you beat up... How did you like the introduction of that? I saw you spit blood. Haha!"

Elsa gritted her teeth in anger. "Victoria, Jeremy told you in front of me and your parents that he will divorce me soon. Shouldn't you wait for that and leave me alone?"

Victoria hummed, as if she were thinking about it for a few seconds. "Hmm! No! I want you gone right now. And remember, Halverson, the more you delay it, the more beatings you will get."

"Then I will report you to the police for harassment."

When Victoria heard that, she burst out laughing. "Go ahead, honey, and watch how badly it will end for you. Try it and see what will happen. I have Jeremy siding with me. Do you really think he would let anything happen to me? Halverson, I am too smart for you. You still haven't realized that, but you will soon."

"I have given you an option to leave and avoid all the shit that will happen to you. You can divorce Jeremy and leave the city, promising to never come back, and I will leave you alone. If you keep staying, then things will get bad for you."

"Why are you doing this, Victoria? What are you achieving by doing this to me?"

"Oh, honey, a lot. If you had buried your whore of a sister, she would be turning in her grave after seeing how much her twin is getting hit because of her. Maybe I just want you to suffer because I hate your sister. Maybe I have other reasons too. But all in all, I will make your life miserable if you keep standing in my way."

Elsa chuckled dryly. "All this for a man? Are you even sure Jeremy loves you?"

"Of course he loves me. He loves me so much he rushed to my side, thinking I was about to die."

"But he doesn't love you enough to stay faithful to you, does he?"

When Victoria heard this, her face dropped. She looked shocked, and for a moment, she almost went pale.

"Elsa, what are you saying?" There was panic in her voice that she couldn't hide.

"I thought you were the smart one. Figure it out."

And with that, Elsa hung up on her.

Ten chapters in one day.... Now I have to reread the chapters and edit some mistakes. And then write some new ones. Enjoy your night (or day. It's night here rn)