chapter 37

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"In exchange for your freedom, Elsa... In exchange for me not ratting you out to the police as a fraud... The marriage is happening in 5 days."

That was Saturday. He then threw the file at her feet, causing the papers to fly and scatter all over the floor.

Everything after that happened so quickly.

Elsa had no idea what was going on. She didn't understand how she had turned into Gwen's persona or how everything about her was connected to Gwen.

Every time she tried to prove herself, it was dismissed. She was called a liar and told that it would only prove she had multiple identities, which is illegal.

So, she was forced to become Gwen. She literally became Gwen that week. Everything in her life still indicated she was Elsa, but she could easily access Gwen's belongings as if they were her own.

Even though she had previously obtained Gwen's death certificate, she was no longer registered as deceased in the registration office. Gwen was alive, and Elsa was Gwen.

They were both considered one person by the government, when they bothered to care.

Gwen was her own person, and Elsa was her own person, but now they were both part of one person.

Some might call it a split personality, but that wasn't the case. Elsa had no intention of becoming Gwen. Gwen was her sister, yes, but she wasn't trying to be someone else.

However, she looked like a clone of Gwen now, a persona of her own. She knew she wasn't Gwen, but no one else believed her.

So, she had either changed her name or committed the double identity and now went by Elsa. Either way, that's what they would believe about her.

She tried to fight and prove herself, even on her wedding day, but she was still seen as a liar.

So, she had no choice but to walk down the aisle in a wedding gown she had no idea where it came from and marry the man waiting for her at the altar.

If not, he would call the cops and have her arrested for being Elsa, someone she truly was.

She had to fake a smile for the wedding photos, fake a smile during the vows, fake a smile when he put a ring on her finger... She just had to fake it.

It's not like she had a choice.

And it's not like Jeremy was genuinely smiling back at her. Actually, he wasn't smiling at all. He looked serious the entire time, which made it even more difficult for Elsa.

But she pushed through with it, hoping that at least things would be easier for her from now on.

She had to move into his villa after the wedding, but at least she got her own room.

And now, she had no idea what awaited her.

What she did know for sure, based on how she was treated, was that she had married someone who despised her completely.

Take the previous chapters up to this one, as an introduction... Now, things are about to get interesting.