chapter 55

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Me? What are you talking about?"

"Did you change my data to make it look like I am Gwen, who changed her name?"

Victoria suddenly froze. She did not expect Elsa to say such things, to figure it out so quickly and easily.

Elsa was just going with a hunch that felt far-fetched in the moment, but this was the one and only suspect she had.

Elsa let out a silent chuckle after observing her reaction. It really was this woman. But why did she do that? What was her motive?

"Is it because she changed my information, the reason why she didn't want to tell the truth about my identity when I asked her to?"

Victoria's calm and gentle face disappeared, immediately switching to vile and angry. "Sign the papers, Elsa!" she warned.

"No!... First, I want to know why. Why did you change my identity like that? What are you up to and why target me, a stranger to you?" Elsa demanded to know.

"That is none of your business."

"How is you ruining my life none of my business?" Now Vic was not the only one getting pissed.

Elsa wouldn't even be in this mess if this woman hadn't changed her information and trapped her in Gwen's world.

Instead of answering, Victoria asked, "Are you divorcing him or not? And after you do, you better leave this city immediately or things won't end well for you," she threatened.

She actually looked scary with the ugly face she was making.

She expected Elsa to get scared or at least look concerned, but she just smiled. Elsa went inside her bag and took out the divorce papers.

And then, in swift motions, she ripped them into pieces before throwing them on the floor next to Victoria's feet.

She was going to sign them before, but not anymore. "I am not doing anything you ask. I am not giving you the divorce you want, not until I find out what exactly you are up to."

It's not that Elsa wanted to stay with Jeremy. She still hadn't forgotten Victoria's last name was Rowland and her mother was Esther Rowland. That made her curious to learn about her and her family, to understand why her mother called the Rowlands evil.

She wasn't leaving this city or divorcing Jeremy until she knew what was going on here and why everyone was against her sister. All these people were so hostile, any of them could have killed Gwen.

She had to find out, to get justice for her sister, for her sister to rest in peace.

Victoria was stunned for a second. She did not expect that from Elsa. Gwen? Absolutely, but not Elsa. And then, she was infuriated. "Do you have any idea who you are talking to? Do you have any clue who you are messing with?"

"I have every intention of finding out!" Elsa said confidently. She wasn't scared of her.

What had she done for Elsa to fear her anyway? Victoria chuckled coldly. Seems like nobody told Elsa to never try to go against her.

"You better divorce Jeremy. If not, I'll have you beat up every time I see you!" And that was not just a threat, it was a promise.

Victoria was declaring war. She then walked away confidently and arrogantly.