chapter 101

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa woke up in the morning and immediately started feeling around the bed before fully opening her eyes.

She remembered falling asleep before Jeremy came back from the shower. She didn't know if he had slept next to her or on the living room couch.

But the bed was warmer that night, so there was that!

She was lying on her stomach, facing a different side than the one her hand was feeling. She was not fully awake, just half asleep.

Her hand was just touching the other side of the bed, looking for him, only to freeze when it touched a hard chest.

She turned her head quickly and saw Jeremy lying next to her with half his body under the duvet. He was wearing her white bathrobe, which was tied loosely, exposing his bare chest.

She wanted to immediately take her hand back, but the moment it left his chest, he grabbed it. Elsa jumped a little, despite being in bed, because she thought he was asleep.

She raised her head to look at his face, only to see two alluring eyes looking at her. His eyes looked so dark and mysterious in the morning. It seemed like waking up in the morning gave his eyes a mesmerizing quality.

"Good morning, Elsa," he said in a deep, raspy voice.

He then intertwined her fingers with his and the corner of his lips slightly lifted into a smile.

Elsa felt her heart beat fast. He called her Elsa again. Did he finally believe her? Did he now believe that she wasn't Gwen?

And he had been acting so differently. It was both scary and relieving. She was glad he was nice to her, but afraid it might not last.

"Jeremy, you called me Elsa?" she asked, her voice sounding unsure of what she had heard from this man's mouth.

She still remembered his cruel words to her and frowned a little. They were so mean, they still hurt until now.

But she had a deep desire to be believed by him. She just wanted him to believe her. No one else mattered.

Instead of Jeremy answering her immediately, he moved closer to her until there was no space left between them. Elsa turned to sleep on her side so they could face each other.

He stared into her eyes, looking lost for a moment, and more. It was hard for Elsa to hold eye contact, but it was also hard to look away from Jeremy's eyes.

Elsa was confused about her emotions for him. She didn't understand herself for being so friendly to a man who had been nothing but mean to her.

What was wrong with her? If this went somewhere it wasn't supposed to and he hurt her, would she deserve pity?

"It depends, are you Gwen or Elsa?" he asked after some silence.

"I am Elsa, please believe me. I have no reason to lie to you," she said with a low voice.

Jeremy took her hand that was still intertwined with his and kissed it gently.

This act took Elsa by surprise. She didn't expect that from him at all. "I have a business meeting today. Will you come with me?"

Trying not to be too heartless, let me give Elsa some calm before the storm.

This is actually chapter 100... I skipped 63 when naming the chapters and I am too lazy to change it 🤷