chapter 30

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The gateman called and asked if she was expected. After that, she was immediately led to the door where the housekeeper guided her inside.

If it weren't for her nervousness, she would have admired the inside of the house more - the type of house that only nobles could afford, the kind of house that people like her could only dream of owning.

But even if they worked every day for the rest of their lives, they wouldn't be able to make half of its worth.

However, she wanted to focus on the task at hand: proving to this man that she is Elsa, so she would never have to worry about him and his threats of getting her arrested.

It is never a good idea to go against someone like Jeremy - who would dare?

Everyone either loves him or fears him.

All in all, they respect him very much. Going against someone like him is career suicide, or even life suicide.

Whatever he says goes. All he has to do is stand against someone, and their life is over. Elsa did not want to be that someone. It's better to stop this seed before it germinates.

She was led to his office, with the housekeeper knocking on the door. She told Elsa to wait there as she went in alone, and then informed the person inside that he had a guest.

Elsa heard a deep baritone voice from inside. Then, the housekeeper came out and told her she could enter as she left.

Elsa walked in with shaky legs that she had been trying to control the entire trip there, only to find Jeremy seated behind a desk with a laptop next to him that he seemed to be using before his attention shifted to her. He was wearing a white dress shirt and a black suit, but he didn't have his coat on.

"Aah! You came... That is so unlike you," he mocked again. Elsa didn't say anything back to him. She just stood there with her file in her hand. She would have immediately presented it to him, but she wanted to know something first - just to shed some light on this whole situation she was dragged into.

"What do I owe you? How much is it, so I can pay you back?" she asked immediately, hoping it was a manageable amount.

Hopefully, he wouldn't say an amount that would make her pass out. She asked this question before proving herself, just so she could at least know what Gwen did for her to be receiving such hostility at first sight, which was obviously meant for her sister.

Jeremy looked at her surprised and then let out a deep chuckle. "Oh, you don't owe me money, little girl... You owe me marriage."

Elsa's eyes went wide and looked like they wanted to fall out of their sockets. She froze on the spot and stopped breathing completely. Her brain was acting very slowly as it tried to process what she had just heard, word by word.

Jeremy didn't wait for her to respond. He simply added, "That's right, you and I are getting married very soon."

I hope you'll leave a comment before you go... 👼