chapter 31

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"That was the deal," Jeremy said to Elsa, who was beyond shocked.

"You first wanted money and connections to the best doctors who could help remove a tumor. I helped you with that... I helped you with so many things... And now, it's payback."

Those words fell on Elsa's ears, and she was immediately sent back in time to when she found out her tumor had grown. Does Gwen know? Did she know that...?

FLASHBACK - ELSA'S POV

I waited for the doctor, seated on the bed in a private room, feeling anxious. My headaches, migraines, or whatever this is, have been getting worse, and aspirin was not helping.

I don't know what's going on, but my head hurts so bad. The pain attacks me out of nowhere and leaves me on my knees in pure anguish.

I played with my fingers, growing impatient. I hope it's not something bad. I hope it's just migraines and that they will soon pass. The doctor never told me my tumor would cause this much headache. Wasn't it benign to begin with?

But these headaches are worrying. That's why I haven't told Gwen or Hayley. It could be nothing, so I won't bother them.

My thoughts were solely focused on Doctor Johnson coming back and telling me what's up so I can go back to my life. Not that I had a lot going on, but these headaches have been worrying me.

Thankfully, the door opened, and he walked in. "Miss Halverson," Doctor Johnson said as he walked towards me, holding a clipboard with my results. He wore a white coat with a stethoscope hanging around his neck.

"Finally!" I exclaimed to him, and he chuckled a little.

"So, I have the results with me," he paused, taking a deep breath. His face turned serious, his previous smile gone. I could see the distress in his face, as if he was trying to figure out how to tell me something.

"Is everything okay, Doctor?" I asked. He had been my doctor for a long time, and I trusted him. But I had never seen him this anxious with me before.

"Well, no... I don't know how to tell you this," he sighed shakily. "Miss Elsa, you have a brain tumor."

My eyes widened as those words hit me like a stray ball. I tried to process them, blinking my eyes repeatedly.

"W-what?" I asked, hoping I had heard him wrong. Please tell me I heard him wrong.

"You have a brain tumor," he repeated.

"H-how... How is that possible? My tumor was not in my brain the first time. And it was benign," my voice shook, and my words came off as an accusation, as if I were accusing him of lying to me.

"Most malignant brain tumors are caused by cancer that started somewhere else in the body and spread to the brain through the bloodstream. And this is the case with yours."