chapter 66

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

She felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach, and her cheeks turned red with a blush.

Jeremy lifted himself slightly, not breaking the kiss, then pushed the dress even higher, revealing her stomach. Just before he could raise it any higher... 'Ring! Ring!'

His phone, in his trouser pocket, rang so loudly that it made Elsa jump. She immediately broke the kiss. Jeremy didn't move from on top of her; he just reached for his phone in his pocket and answered the call without hesitation.

"Hello!... Is something wrong?... What happened to Victoria?... She tried to commit suicide?... I'm on my way!"

Elsa was shocked to hear that Victoria had tried to commit suicide. It was as if Jeremy had sobered up after that call.

He immediately jumped out of bed. Elsa quickly pushed her dress down, covering herself up again. It was as if she too had sobered up, or come to her senses.

The concern in Jeremy's voice for Victoria snapped her out of the trance her mind had sent her to. Jeremy quickly put his shirt back on. Elsa expected him to leave immediately, but instead, he grabbed her hand and started pulling her out of bed.

"What are you doing?" Elsa asked, confused. "Victoria tried to kill herself because of you," he said angrily. He was still angry at her, and it seemed like Victoria really had tried to commit suicide.

"Because of me?" Elsa asked, confused. Why would Victoria try to commit suicide? Based on their previous conversation, Elsa didn't expect her to try to kill herself.

"I'm sure you'd want that, wouldn't you? For Victoria to die?" Elsa was stunned.

She would never be happy about that, despite not knowing Victoria. And despite her mom being Esther.

"What are you saying? Why would I want that?... And if you're going to see her, why are you dragging me with you?"

"She wants closure from you. So, you're coming with me!"

"Closure?"

***

Elsa wasn't given a choice or a chance to say no and be heard.

She had to put on a coat and shoes and follow Jeremy to his car. The car stopped at the hospital, and Jeremy continued to drag Elsa inside until they reached a room.

He only let go of her arm once they were inside.

The moment Jeremy saw Victoria seated on the bed, he rushed to her side, calling her name affectionately, "Vic..."

He looked so worried about her. And when Victoria saw Jeremy, she jumped into his arms, holding onto him tightly.

Victoria's face was wet with tears. Her eyelashes were damp, and her eyes were swollen as if she had been crying for a long time.

"Jeremy..." She called out his name softly as she allowed herself to be enveloped in his embrace.

She looked like a clingy kitten seeking love and warmth, which she finally found in that man.

"Why, Vic? Why would you try to take your own life?" Jeremy asked, his voice sounding heartbroken.