chapter 60

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"And then... Three weeks later, your mom committed suicide. How was that possible? She had already undergone tests on her body to see if there were any traces of drugs. Gwen looked at the results and found traces of a rare psychotic drug.

"However, that alone wasn't enough evidence. The drug could have been used to manipulate her, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was. After all, your mother was found hanging from the ceiling.

"Immediately after that, the nurse, Mrs. Esther Rowland, quit her job. She claimed Jenna was her favorite patient and not being able to save her from herself took a toll on her.

"With that, Gwen decided to hire a private investigator to learn everything about Esther. She wanted a full report on her, from when she quit her job until now." Elsa sat back, feeling overwhelmed with this information.

She started remembering how her mother used to scare her. Her memories and what Alexandria narrated to her about what Gwen told her matched very well, until a certain point.

You see, Jenna would scream, saying a demon was out to get her and Esther had sent it. She was called Esther the devil and her accomplice the demon, a demon that did her dirty work. Elsa vividly recalled the day that Gwen also claimed she saw the demon, and she was accompanied by her boss.

Elsa thought Gwen was just trying to help her mom in some way so she wouldn't think she was crazy. Her mom said they made noises and shadows in Jenna's room, and as soon as someone came, they would disappear.

Elsa didn't know this, but Gwen had actually seen this demon. Gwen hid behind the door and saw a woman tormenting her mother. Gwen saw that this demon, dressed in black, injected her.

The moment her mother woke up, she started screaming and pointing. But Gwen had thought that people hallucinated good things with drugs too, right? They planted something in her head that would be triggered by the pills. All they needed was to give it a voice and shadow the moment she got drugged.

However, that wasn't the drug that killed her. The drug that killed her was given to her at the ward. Jenna knew Esther was sending a spirit after her.

Gwen knew there was no spirit, but she just wanted to know what that 'spirit' was and how Esther used it to torture her mom into locking her and her twin up to 'protect her.'

Yes, Jenna would lock them in the closet, saying someone was trying to take them away and they had to stay there until it was safe. When Jenna felt it was safe, she herself would come get them.

After some time, she stopped seeing Esther and her accomplice and only saw the spirit.

But Gwen saw Esther; she saw her run away and get into a car and drive off.

Demons and devils don't need cars to move around.

That was when she did everything she could to cover up everything her mom did. She worked hard to make sure her mom didn't appear crazy.