chapter 25

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Both of you told me the twin was harmless, now look. We could have dealt with both of them at once," John Rowland sneered, dissatisfied.

He had been looking forward to being Jeremy's father-in-law and being related to the Callahans. Now, just when they were so close, something was blocking them.

"She still is... As long as Jeremy still thinks she is Gwen and that doesn't change."

"You want to keep her around?"

"Harming her right now might not be a good idea," Esther said in annoyance. "The most we can do is scare her away."

"That's right. But Jeremy must never find out she isn't Gwen. That will not work in our favor," Victoria insisted.

"What if that brat tells him?"

"He sees Gwen as a liar, he won't immediately believe her. But he will once he investigates. Which means we have only today to erase any traces of Gwen ever having a twin. From both recent and long ago. And if there are kinds that we cannot erase, we can make them look like they are fake. Make it look like Gwen was trying to change her identity."

She then turned to look away from her parents before continuing. "As far as everyone is concerned, as far as Jeremy knows, Gwen faked her own death. Under no circumstances should he figure out that Gwen really died and that is her twin sister. He only feels nothing but hatred for Gwen. For Elsa, I'm afraid it might not be the same." She gritted her teeth just imagining how she wanted to crush that girl.

The couple understood what their daughter was saying. "I know someone who can help. With good money, Elsa will only be Gwen who changed her name," he smirked. He then took his phone ready to call when suddenly the door was opened.

"Vic, Vic, my child. Are you okay?" Rosanna, her biological mother, asked her.

Victoria, who had not been crying before, started shedding tears immediately and ran into her mother's arms.

Rosanna embraced her daughter tightly. She did not like seeing her in pain, seeing her hurt like this. She had lost her so many years ago. She finally reunited, she finally got her back, and now she wanted to protect her even more. For many years, she never got a chance to protect her. Her adoptive parents were the ones who raised and protected her. Now was her chance, and she didn't want to fail Vic, not again.

"Don't cry, honey, it's okay," she said as she held her daughter tightly.

"Mum, why does Gwen always do this to me? She ruined my wedding, mum... She is so wicked," she cried on her mother's chest while shaking violently.

"The wedding is just postponed, it will happen. Jeremy loves you so much, he will definitely marry you," she assured her.

Rosanna's heart ached for her daughter, and her teeth gritted for Gwen. It seemed like that girl didn't know when to stop. That is why Rosanna slapped her when she saw her, and she will do it again in a heartbeat if she sees her again. She will defend her daughter till the end, against everyone.

In the meantime, John went to make the call.