chapter 74

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The reason why Elsa and Gwen had such a connection to the April sea was because they grew up close to it.

Even their grandma's house was just a few meters away from the beach. At this time, the sand was turning white because, well, it was covered with snow.

Elsa and her grandmother walked arm in arm along the beach. The cold wind from the sea did a number on their hair.

They walked quite a distance before standing next to the shore and watching the ocean. They were quiet for a moment.

Elsa was thinking about how she and Gwen used to play here after school, how many shells they collected, and how many times they made sand castles and swam in those waters.

They had even more chances to play in the sea when they moved to their grandma's.

They were teenagers then, 15, but they still loved and connected with the sea so much.

"Do you remember when you and Gwen would come here every day after school?" Amelia said to Elsa.

"I remember. It was our happy place. Especially when we missed Mom," Elsa replied.

Amelia felt an ache in her heart when she remembered her daughter. Her life was cut short too.

She never got to watch her little girls grow up. She looked at Elsa and smiled proudly. Elsa had always been her favorite, the apple of her eye. She was the one who never got into trouble.

She was the easy kid who just loved the simple things. Amelia loved Gwen too, but Gwen had grown so rebellious over the years, a path that led her to destruction.

Elsa had a soul as pure as spring water, and Gwen, despite her flaws, had a soul as brave as a lion.

She was someone who knew how to stand up for herself regardless of who she was standing up against. It was both a blessing and a curse.

A blessing because she always used that bravery to protect her sister.

Elsa was now the only one left to carry the Halverson name. The Halverson name would live on through her.

Even if she married and took her husband's name, she would still be a Halverson. With her, they wouldn't be forgotten.

"So Elsa, what's going on with you? Anything new?" Elsa looked at her grandma and gave her a dry smile.

"Not really, I'm still married to a stranger."

Amelia chuckled. She remembered that day perfectly well.

Elsa had just come to her out of nowhere with news that she was getting married in two days. She asked her who the man was and how long they had known each other to decide that.

Turns out she had met him less than a week before. Amelia was confused. She warned her that marriage is no child's play and she shouldn't be rushing into it with someone she barely knows.

She would have been a little more comfortable with this whole union if she hadn't seen the hesitation in her grandbaby's eyes, like she didn't want this at all.