chapter 51

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's mind was still on her sister and Pokémon, but now it immediately switched to Jeremy.

This was the first time he had ever called her. They hadn't even talked since their wedding.

What could he possibly want right now?

Not knowing if answering would be a good idea, Elsa just let the phone ring until the screen dimmed.

It then lit up again as he called for the second time. Elsa just watched until it dimmed.

They were almost home anyway; he must be in the house.

Lui noticed Elsa was ignoring the call, and judging by how late it was, he successfully guessed it was Jeremy, her new husband. "Is everything okay?" he asked Elsa.

Elsa, who was still holding onto the urn tightly, turned to him and smiled, covering her distress. "Everything is great."

She wasn't going to pour out her life story just like that. She even felt like she had shared too much and gotten too comfortable with him in such a short time.

She was still deep in a state of confusion about everything that had happened.

First, her sister was shot, and she witnessed the whole thing. She took her to the hospital and witnessed the doctors trying everything to save her life. The police had not yet found the killer and had zero leads. Elsa was scared that her sister may never rest in peace now.

What if the man isn't found? What if the person who killed her is never found and brought to justice? Then what?

Then there was the diary. Gwen mentioned her mom's death being murder instead of suicide. Something that Elsa didn't understand or expect. How could her mom's death be murder? She suffered from a brain tumor that made her mentally unstable. Something that made Elsa think she might take the same route as her mom and go crazy. Her mom died by hanging herself with a rope from the ceiling in her bedroom at the mental hospital. How could that be murder?

And then, how she turned into Gwen all of a sudden, which meant someone was doing this on purpose. Elsa was the type of girl who stuck to herself. She never bothered anyone. She was the type that, when left alone, left others alone too.

So, she couldn't think of an enemy who would do this to her. Maybe it was Gwen's enemies.

Then there was her new husband, a man who had literally forced her into this marriage.

A husband who seemed to hate her so much. A husband who already had a mistress because he was still talking to Victoria.

Victoria, a woman she didn't know, but her and her mother's hostility towards her was great.

A woman who knew she was Elsa but refused to tell her boyfriend, who married her because he thought she was Gwen.

A lot. Her life had changed a lot.

And drastically. Lui had no choice but to be satisfied with her answer and just take it as it is because they were now at the gates of Jeremy's villa.