chapter 49

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Lui let out a sigh and looked at Elsa. "My access is too limited, Elsa. I cannot edit any information."

Elsa just smiled faintly. She was still grateful that he had helped her clear up the whole situation and understand what was going on.

"It's okay. You've already helped enough, more than you know. Thank you."

Lui smiled and asked playfully, "Does it make up for me kidnapping you?"

Elsa chuckled and then looked thoughtful. "A little bit." She used her thumb and index finger to show a small amount.

Lui laughed in a deep, magnetic baritone. "Now that I think about it, it's crazy for anyone to confuse you with Gwen. It doesn't matter about appearance or the fact that you two are identical twins. If someone has ever spent time with Gwen, the moment they meet you and spend even two minutes with you, they will immediately know that you are not her. You two are alike, but you are exact opposites of each other."

Elsa already knew that, but she still wanted to know how opposite they were. "Really now?"

"Yeah, even if you didn't tell me you weren't Gwen, I would have figured it out on my own," he said in a cocky way, as if nothing could get past him.

"Maybe my eyes would be a giveaway."

"Not really, because we have contact lenses to change one's eye color. Or maybe it's just me, but this trick of you being Gwen wouldn't have worked on me," he said calmly.

Elsa nodded at his words. It seemed like this guy knew Gwen so well. Maybe he could help her learn some things about her. "I'm glad to know that."

"And as for the eyes... Gwen's eyes are as blue as the ocean, while your eyes are as green as the meadows. Both so beautiful, both so unique. Both so calming, and both so magical." Elsa had never met a man as bold as the one seated next to her.

The compliment from someone she had just met was pretty bold to her. The mention of Gwen's eyes made her think about her sister even more now. Gwen's eyes are as blue as the ocean...

Yours are as green as the meadows. Both so beautiful, so calming... So magical.

Elsa never really knew why they both had different eye colors. All she could guess was that they each took an eye color from either parent.

"Let me send you back, yeah?"

Elsa absentmindedly nodded and took one last glance at the database on the computer screen.

Lui led her out of the building. The bar was still as full as before, except now it was louder and filled with more drunkards who didn't even look like they could spell their own names.

As they walked out, Elsa noticed how, no matter how drunk they were, the moment the men saw Lui, they immediately made room for him to pass. They even avoided making eye contact with him.

One of the drunks had not noticed him and tried to approach Elsa. But the moment he spotted Lui next to her, he immediately apologized and disappeared from their sight.

Elsa figured he must be respected because he owned the building or something.

As blue as the ocean (or sky). As green as the meadows.

 As green as the meadows