chapter 88

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy's mother, Mrs. Callahan, was talking happily with Victoria.

She was even smiling, laughing, just looking joyful. But that smile immediately faded when she saw her. The laughter died down as she looked at the killjoy.

Her mood instantly dropped, and the red wine in her hand was no longer sweet.

"Aargh! Why did you bring this ugly thing?!" She looked at her with disgust before she rolled her eyes. Elsa looked down, not saying anything.

Victoria looked at Elsa, and the moment she saw Jeremy holding her, she gritted her teeth with anger.

But she had no choice but to bear it because at such an event, she couldn't be seen next to Jeremy.

She was seen as the mistress, and Elsa was the wife. That was the painful truth.

But she still smiled sweetly at Jeremy, "Jeremy, there you are."

Her eyes kept going to Jeremy's hand that was still on Elsa's waist, but she kept her calm, gentle image throughout.

Although at that moment, she was anything but that.

Jeremy only gave her a slight glance before greeting his mother.

"Jeremy, your grandfather has been looking for you," Mrs. Callahan said.

"I'll go find him." He then turned to Elsa, "Wait here, and don't try to go anywhere."

He walked away from the three women immediately to go find the old Master.

He hadn't said anything to Victoria, but she tried to pretend like it didn't bother her.

Now was not the time to chase after Jeremy. Now was the time to humiliate Elsa.

And she knew exactly how. With Jeremy gone, Mrs. Callahan and Victoria were ready to attack. Like two wolves to a helpless little rabbit.

Mrs. Callahan looked at Elsa with disgust. "Why is this shameless woman here? I don't want her to stench my party. Now this house will be soiled by her presence."

Elsa knew this hostility would come from Jeremy's mother, but out of respect, she didn't say anything back.

She wanted to go find a corner and hide there like she always does, but Jeremy told her to stay there and wait for him. So, she decided to help herself stay calm.

She looked at her fingers and started playing with them, not saying a word back to Jeremy's mother. Playing with her fingers was a habit she couldn't seem to get rid of.

"Mrs. Callahan, Gwen is Jeremy's wife. Of course, she would accompany him to such an occasion," Victoria said with a composed voice as if she was defending her, but she only said that to anger Mrs. Callahan.

"Wife of who? What kind of wife is this? How can this colorless woman be considered his wife? Is she even fit to be called Jeremy's wife? Is she fit for such a title?

"The only wife of Jeremy's I recognize is you, Victoria. You are my daughter in law. And I cannot wait for Jeremy to divorce this bitch already.

"Even the mere sight of her is making me feel unwell. I cannot believe my poor son is forced to see this face every day. I feel bad for him."

Those words pierced Elsa's heart, but she remained quiet. Victoria smiled silently as she prepared herself to make things worse for Elsa.

She knew Mrs. Callahan was the type to humiliate and harass someone she didn't like, and this was her chance.

"Mrs. Callahan, are you truly feeling unwell?" Victoria asked with concern.

"Yes. This bitch makes me want to puke. I can't stand her." She then took the red wine in her hand and took a large sip of it. A mouthful.

She then walked over to Elsa and spit the entire drink in her face.