chapter 92

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa knew that The Old Master was talking to her. Even though she was still scared, she slowly let go of Jeremy's shirt. She took deep breaths before taking a step to the side, revealing herself to The Old Master. Her eyes met his, and he saw how scared she looked and how innocent her green eyes were. His gaze immediately softened.

"Come to me, child," he said softly.

When Lorna heard this, she frowned. "Dad, what are you doing? Why are you calling this gold digger? She tricked Jeremy into marrying her just so she can get his money, even if they divorce. Do you see what an evil bitch this woman is?"

The Old Master ignored Lorna once again. Elsa hadn't moved at all. She was still standing there, looking scared. "Child, come to me."

"Dad, what are you doing? You should be kicking her out. Why are you inviting her in?"

The Old Master snapped, "Why should I kick her out? And nobody is allowed to kick her out of my house. This is my house, remember? And I invited her here because I wanted to meet her officially since I never got to."

"Dad..." Lorna immediately held her tongue when the Old Master cast her an annoyed look. She had no choice but to swallow her dissatisfaction. She did not want to anger The Old Master.

Seeing that Lorna was quiet now, The Old Master looked at Elsa and called her over again. "Come."

Even though Elsa was scared of him, she obeyed and started walking towards him. She hoped he wouldn't yell at her too.

"Hello to you, young lady," he said to her formally.

Elsa bowed respectfully. "Hello, Mr. Callahan."

Elsa knew she had to answer, so she forced her words out. Lorna thought to herself, 'So it talks,' as she sneered.

The grey-haired man was pleased by how respectful Elsa was. "I'm glad you came."

Elsa raised her head and smiled lightly, only to lower it again.

"What is your name?" Elsa didn't know what to answer. Should she say she is Gwen? Or tell him her name was Elsa? He must know her as Gwen. But she is not Gwen. What was the right answer? She was confused. She shouldn't be confused about her own name, but here she was.

When Elsa didn't answer, The Old Master asked again, "What do you want me to call you?"

Elsa nervously said, "Elsa, Mr. Callahan."

"Elsa... That is a beautiful name," he complimented.

When Lorna heard Gwen calling herself Elsa, she scorned, 'You think changing your name erases your ugly character?' She would have said this out loud, but she was afraid of the Old Master.

"Thank you, Mr. Callahan."

"Come, child, walk with me," he said with a gentle voice and a smile on his face. He then stuck his elbow out and gestured for her to lock her elbow with his.

Elsa was a little nervous. She thought The Old Master would hate her too. But he was the nicest to her despite only interacting with him this once. When she did lock elbows with him, he said to her as they started walking away to the courtyard, "Tell me all about you. I want to get to know Elsa."