chapter 34

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

NARRATION (NO ONE'S POV)...

"What did you just say?... Doctors who specialize in tumor operations?" Elsa asked Jeremy, just to be clear she had heard him right.

Her heart was beating fast. Jeremy looked at her, raising his eyebrow. "Did you lose your memory or something? Why is this woman suddenly pretending she doesn't remember anything? Even the things she said with her own mouth?"

Elsa was too focused on what he had just previously said about the doctors who know how to deal with tumors to take his sarcastic remarks to heart.

So she asked again, "Did I tell you why I needed to find that doctor?" Jeremy observed her and saw how eager she was for his response.

So, despite being confused at her reaction right now, he answered, "No. You were very vague... For all I know, you could have wanted him to help you do an illegal experiment," he said sarcastically.

'Yet you still helped her despite doubting her?' Elsa thought to herself.

"Did you give me the doctor's information?" she asked, as her curiosity took the best of her.

"Hopefully, the doctor here will agree to operate on her. Hopefully, this one will take the risk. Did Gwen know that my tumor was serious and was now in my brain? Has she been trying to help me this entire time?"

But Jeremy suddenly got angry. "You're starting to annoy me," his tone very dismissive.

"Jeremy, I-"

"I am not in the mood for this. You came here to pay what you owe me, right?" he said in that scary voice he had used on her before, which made Elsa's heart beat faster than normal.

She, however, said confidently, "Except I don't owe you anything." Jeremy immediately went from calm to angry after hearing those words.

"What did you say?" "I don't owe you anything, Mr. Callahan, because I am not Gwen," she said carefully, seeing that he was pissed off for whatever reason. She did not want him grabbing her again.

She then pushed the file towards him. "This will prove everything. I did not change my name two weeks ago. I have always been Elsa Halverson. This can prove that," she told him as he took it. He opened the file and went through the contents.

He looked pretty focused on what was inside. Elsa stood there in silence, holding her breath, waiting for him to see that she was telling the truth, and then maybe apologize for the ambush.

Only for him to let out a mocking laughter after he got to the last paper in the file. "Yes, this will prove in court that you committed fraud." He then looked at her with anger written all over his face.

He was looking at her like he had just caught her in a lie or something. Elsa, on the other hand, was looking at him confused... Fraud? What was he talking about?

"What?" she asked, not knowing what that meant and why that file would say she committed fraud.

"Fraud, Gwen. What you just did. This file you graciously gave to me will prove that you used the name Elsa to help get away with all the things you did wrong."