chapter 13

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

One week later..

I walked outside the funeral parlor with an urn in my hands.

The sky was grey today. Even if it were sunny and colorful, that would not have helped in any way.

I had just left the police station this morning. Nothing. No leads on who shot my sister.

The place where the shooting happened had no security cameras. And even though I was there when it happened, I didn't see the person's face. All I know is that his figure looked like that of a man.

He was dressed in black from head to toe. His face was covered with a mask and his hands were gloved.

There was no visible skin. He was completely hidden. He just walked over to Gwen at a safe distance, called out her name, "Gwen!"

And then pulled the trigger. Three loud ringing sounds flooded my ears. In no time, I realized that was the sound of gunshots.

I was kneeling on the shore picking up a shell before that.

After hearing someone call Gwen's name and the sound of gunshots that startled me three times in a row, I turned around slowly and my eyes met Gwen. She had turned as white as a ghost.

She lowered her head as her hand touched her chest where she had been shot. She then looked at her fingers which were covered in blood.

She then raised her head and her eyes landed on me. A tear fell down her left eye as she whispered, "I love you, angel."

And with that, she fell on her knees. Her body had become limp. I got up and rushed to her side quickly before she could fall completely on the ground.

I had no idea how strong I was until I carried my unconscious sister in my arms, taking her to the car.

Sigh!

That was the most painful day of my entire life. I look at the urn in my hand with my sister's ashes, feeling a little reluctant to take it to April Sea right now.

I don't think she will rest in peace until justice for her is served. Until we find the person who killed her and arrest him. Put him on trial and sentence him.

But, we did promise that we will spread her ashes on the waters of the sea. I don't know if I should hold on to this urn until her killer is found or just spread it immediately.

I put it in my bag as I kept walking away from the funeral parlor. I already had a cab waiting for me. He was going to take me to the next town. It's not very far, probably 20 minutes or so.

I had Gwen's keys and address with me.

I got into the apartment she lived in when she was still alive before crashing in with me for a while. It was not big, but it looked comfortable.

It had all her stuff here, which was so comforting.

Even though she had brought some clothes with her, I liked this house because she lived here. I laid on the bed she slept in and tried to find any trace of her that she had left behind despite not being here for a while. But, it had all faded.

Nothing was left. It was just a cold bed I was sleeping on.

I took her pillow and hugged it tightly as tears rolled down my face. My rebellious angel, she has left me for good.

Just then, I spotted a book on the nightstand. It looked like a diary.