CHAPTER - 8

Mac closed his eyes to rest. He felt himself longing for Nan's embrace. Although since they returned, Mac and Nan had been together most of the time, but he felt that it wasn't enough, as if he wanted to store as much of Nan's warmth as possible before returning to America.

-- Thailand and America are so far apart, Mac said nonchalantly, causing Nan, who had closed his eyes, to open them again and look at his lover, lying next to him.

What is the drama? Nan asked.

Mac looked at Nan and frowned, Nan chuckled softly.

-- Huh, well it's far. What is the problem? Nan asked with a smile, Mac himself didn't dare say that he felt he was far away because he and Nan weren't together.

-- If you want to be close, finish your studies, Nan continued because she understood Mac and felt the same way.

-Don't you want to continue your studies? Mac asked curiously.

- I don't think I'm fit to study, I'm content… Nan replied carelessly because he wasn't interested in continuing his studies.

-- Besides, I don't plan to work in a big company or do public service, I'm doing my own business and I'll work on what I'm good at. Although, a degree is a guarantee of knowledge, but for me it is not, replied Nan, while thinking.

- Then why did you let me go to college? Mac asked back.

-- Damn Mac, if you actually have a degree, you can continue your father's business, you can't just stop it. You should continue your studies in business, that will give you more knowledge and help you work effectively with him I didn't send you to study just for qualification, more to have knowledge, Nan replied.

-But you can still help with my father's work, Mac continued.

-- I helped with the cars, do you understand? I don't work with administration or customer contact. Every day I deal with factory machinery, you must learn to do your share of accounting, income and expenditure, Nan replied making Mac agree with his lover.

-- You have the opportunity to study. At least your diploma won't just decorate the wall of your house. But you are gaining knowledge that will help me and your father, Nan said as she thought.

-- It's true, I can't imagine being a civil servant, let's say if you were a teacher, there would definitely be news about you kicking bad students every day, or if you were a doctor you'd slap your head off "a patient who is ignorant," said Mac, laughing, and Nan put her hand sternly on his head.

- Get plenty of rest for your eyes and get on with your work...don't be late, said Nan, pulling Mac to sit with him.

-- Tomorrow, you won't come to help your father, because you're going with me, right? Anyway, let's finish today's business first, Nan said in a serious tone.

So Mac had to go back and clean up his father's work. He did everything what he could to help ease his father's burdens during this time.

-- I'm going home to sleep, Dad, Mac said to his father as he and Nan parted that night. His father would return to the big house with his driver.

- Let me know when you're leaving, Mac's dad said before they parted ways in the car.

Nan immediately took Mac to see Dew and Three at the Moo Kratha restaurant. The restaurant they went to was regular barbecue pork, not a steakhouse like a department store.

- Do you think you can eat? Nan pretended to ask.

-- I've eaten with you before, why can't I? Mac answered because Nan used to take him out to eat on the street.