CHAPTER - 13 🔞

"We're welcome," sighed Mac.

"We'll just have to wait for the lights to come back on," Nan said as the two embraced.

There was a knock on the door. Mac got out of bed and went to open it. When he saw that it was Ohm, he invited his friend inside.

--You guys went on a trip and hit the jackpot, Ohm joked before handing them a rechargeable incandescent flashlight.

Do you have backup lights? Mac asked.

--Only in the downstairs corridor and living room. We'll have to have dinner by candlelight tonight, Ohm said with a smile.

-How about the resort? Do they also have a power outage? Nan asked.

--There is a backup generator at the resort. If it wasn't for the heavy rain, I would have suggested we go there, but as it looks, the rain and strong wind will make it difficult to go, Ohm said as the wind was blowing hard and the rain was pouring outside.

--Let's go downstairs and sit in the living room, Mac said, inviting Nan to go sit and talk to Ohm.

Um, Nan replied before going downstairs. Aon and Off were sitting in the living room and had already showered and changed their clothes.

- P'Mac, let's play Jenga.

Aon called out to Mac as he sat in the living room preparing the tower of wooden blocks. It was still light outside and the emergency lights were on in the house as well. It wasn't very bright, but it was still better than being in the dark. Mac went to sit on the floor in front of the sofa and Nan went to sit on the sofa behind Mac. Ohm gave them beer cans.

--Thank God it's raining and the weather is cool. Otherwise it would be too full and we would die of heat, Ohm said as he looked outside.

Nan opened her beer and drank. Then he leaned back on the couch and watched Mac playing Jenga with Aon and Off.

They had decided that the loser would have to drink a shot of fruit-flavored soju that Off had brought back from the resort and kept in the fridge.

*Note: Soju is a popular Korean rice alcohol**

--Your cousins ​​are allowed to drink, right? Nan asked Ohm, nodding at Aon and Off.

--They can drink, I learned to let them drink a little. And they're at home, so even if they're drunk, that's fine, Ohm replied.

Nan nodded in agreement. Then they started talking about some of the cars Nan had bought at auction. What brands and models? Mac was playing Jenga with the twins.

Clack...

--Yes, Mac lost. Drink! Aon shouted as Mac made a mistake and caused some wooden blocks to fall.

- So weak, Nan pretended to say, so Mac slammed his back angrily into Nan's leg in rebuke.

- Oh, are those legs or iron bars? Mac jumped from the pain in his back after hitting Nan's knee.

--Aww. You hurt yourself, Nan said before rubbing his boyfriend's head.

Mac took a glass of soju and gulped it down. The smooth flavor of the fruit was sweet, making it easier to drink than regular soju.

--Delicious, Mac said and started a new game of Jenga with Aon and Off.

The soju drinkers were talking to each other. Mac drank more than anyone else because his hands were a little clumsy.

Off was in second place, while Aon only drank two glasses before emptying the bottle of soju. The rain was still pouring and the lights were still out, so they used candles and lanterns to light the house.