《69》

Arc 4: Cultivation

Ling Wangchen almost thought he was in a dream as he stared at Shao Ci.

Shao Ci woke up in a daze, feeling a bit puzzled about why there was someone else in front of him. But he didn't pay too much attention to it, as this person also gave him a mysterious sense of familiarity.

Shao Ci instinctively hugged Ling Wangchen's neck and nuzzled against him, feeling an extremely comforting sensation.

It was only then that Ling Wangchen finally reacted and tightly embraced Shao Ci, his hands trembling slightly.

"...You're back."

He no longer wanted to think about why Shao Ci woke up, as long as this moment was real enough.

After calming down, Ling Wangchen noticed that Shao Ci had lost his memory. He furrowed his brows and began to investigate Shaoci's current physical condition.

When Shao Ci's body collapsed due to his soul being too powerful, his meridians were completely severed. Ling Wangchen used his power in the following days to restore Shaoci's body to its previous state, but his past cultivation couldn't be regained.

Now, Shao Ci's cultivation level was barely at the Qi Refining stage, and his body was only slightly better than an ordinary mortal. Only his meridians remained intact, allowing him to continue cultivating.

For someone who had already died twice (...), this situation was already quite good.

Furthermore, for a Nascent Soul cultivator, the difference between Qi Refining and Foundation Building stages was negligible, as they could easily die with just a pinch. So Ling Wangchen felt that Shao Ci's current condition was not bad.

After the examination, with Ling Wangchen's cultivation level, he could easily see the abnormalities in Shao Ci's soul.

Shao Ci's soul was completely different from that of an ordinary person, extremely unstable, as if it had been forcefully shoved back in, as if with a slight mistake, it would leave this body again.

Ling Wangchen immediately used a technique on Shao Ci to temporarily stabilize his soul.

He didn't know what had happened to Shao Ci's soul afterward, but since Shao Ci had already awakened, they could deal with other matters later.

Ling Wangchen originally wanted to leave this secret realm directly, as his true body was inside and it was extremely dangerous. If he accidentally got close to his true body, his consciousness could easily be swallowed by it.

Although he had already made up his mind to sacrifice himself, now that Shao Ci had been resurrected, Ling Wangchen's goal had been achieved, and naturally he didn't want to die.

He wanted to live and stay by Shao Ci's side.

But Shao Ci's soul was difficult to stabilize in a short period of time. Ling Wangchen speculated that it was because there was a special formation in the forbidden land that forcefully bound his soul to this body.

If they left the forbidden land, something very dangerous could happen.

And now Shao Ci's condition is not very good. Not only did he not remember anything, but he also didn't have the strength to stand. Despite his body being intact and free from curses, the issue seemed to be with his soul.

Therefore, Ling Wangchen had no choice but to stay in the forbidden land for now.

As long as he could find the materials to refine the Soul-Stabilizing Pill here and give it to Shao Ci, they would be able to leave.