《125》

"Are you okay?" A gentle voice resonated.

In that moment, upon hearing the voice, Shao Ci felt his mind hazy. When he raised his head and saw the person before him, he exclaimed in astonishment, "Wendell...?"

The young man with golden hair and blue eyes, undoubtedly Wendell, was half-kneeling in front of him.

But something was wrong; this place is... huh? What is this place?

Suddenly, Shao Ci couldn't remember anything.

"I just stepped away for a moment, how did you get injured like this?" Wendell frowned, lifting Shao Ci from the ground and placing him in a nearby chair.

Looking down in a daze, Shao Ci saw Wendell covered in blood, prompting him to exclaim, "And you, how did you get such serious injuries?"

Are there monsters this powerful?

Shao Ci quickly reached out to support Wendell. Though puzzled, the feeling soon vanished, as if forcibly ignored by some external influence.

Wendell sat beside him, holding Shao Ci's hand. "My injuries are nothing, as long as you're okay." Lowering his head, a mysterious glint seemed to flicker in his eyes.

Unaware, Shao Ci spoke, "Continuing like this won't help; let me treat you."

Formally studying healing arts at the temple, he wasn't afraid of revealing this ability if it meant helping.

"You've been through a lot," Wendell said, patting Shao Ci's head.

Everything seemed normal, no oddities.

Placing his hand on Wendell's abdominal wound, Shao Ci channeled his ability. The gruesome injury healed instantly.

However, Wendell suddenly froze, as if seeing Shao Ci for the first time, studying him intently.

"What's wrong? Is the injury not healed?" Shao Ci witnessed an unusual situation where his ability couldn't solve the problem.

...Strange? Since a while ago, there seemed to be something exceptionally odd that he hadn't noticed.

"It's nothing," Wendell smiled, a hint of concern in his eyes as he looked at Shao Ci's bloodied feet, saying, "You're the one to worry about now. Why not tend to your own injuries first?" 

"Because my ability... huh?" Shao Ci was stunned. His powers had been restricted before, but why did they work smoothly just now?

Attempting to use his ability to heal his foot, it inexplicably vanished, unlike the seamless use moments ago.

In Shao Ci's bewilderment, Wendell crouched down, cleaning Shao Ci's injured foot with water, then bandaging it with a clean cloth. He spoke gently, "Now it's fine; the wound will heal quickly.”

"Hmm." Shao Ci nodded absentmindedly, then took a few steps back and whispered, "Thank you... but you're not Wendell."

The other person looked concerned and suggested, "It seems like you're too tired; you should rest."

"No." Shao Ci took a deep breath and said seriously, "I can sense that you're not him."

Initially, Shao Ci didn't notice anything amiss, but with his heightened mental strength and the subtle inconsistencies in this place, along with things he forcibly ignored, he quickly realized it was a dream.

The 'Wendell' appearing in the dream, though a convincing imitation, had some noticeable differences.

Upon hearing Shao Ci's words, he smirked, lifted his head, and his surroundings instantly darkened. Several grotesque monsters crawled out, ugly creatures obediently crouching at the fake Wendells feet like mischievous pets.