《156》

In the slums.

Most of the people living here were orphans and demons who had lost their magic power for various reasons and were therefore considered useless.

Erek was an orphan girl who grew up in a slum and thought about how to survive from morning till night. There would be no sympathy from anyone here. Even if he was a child, he had to rely on himself. He had known this since he was young.

Erek carefully walked into the city, trying to find some food discarded by the nobles. Fortunately, he found complete food and turned around to bump into a few hooligans.

"Hurry up and hand over the things honestly." A few hooligans had a disdainful attitude." Otherwise, no one will say anything even if you die here."

No one cared about the lives of the demons in the slums. This was something that everyone knew.

Erek hugged the thing in his arms tightly and looked at it coldly without saying a word.

" He's just trash from the slums. How dare he look at me like that?" "I think you're simply courting death!"

The hooligans were immediately enraged and started to fight Erek. The things in his hands scattered all over the ground. He didn't say a word when he was kicked. He just looked at them coldly.

The hatred of these hooligans became more and more aroused, and their actions became more and more intense. One of them even used magic power directly.

At this critical moment, a water-type spell was suddenly thrown over. Everyone was pushed away and all their attacks were interrupted.

Erek's vision was already blurred, and he vaguely saw a black-haired youth appear in front of him. At this moment, in his eyes, it was as if a light had suddenly appeared.

"Is this a mage?" They were shocked." They actually happened to pass by?"

Among demons, mages had a high status. After all, most ordinary demons were unable to cast magic. They only had some magic power in their bodies, which made their physical abilities far superior to other races.

"Damn it, this kid got away with it." "Hmph, he's lucky." A few hooligans cursed and left in a hurry. They did not dare to offend a mage.

"Are you alright?" Shao Ci hurried over and helped the demon youth up from the ground, only to discover that he had already lost consciousness.

Shao Ci was just strolling around the town to see if there were any clues or the like, but he immediately bumped into a few gangsters who actually beat up a teenager…and helped him by the way.

  He had originally planned to leave after the fight, but the other party was already unconscious…

Shao Ci sighed." Forget it. Let's find a place to stay in this city first. Bring this child along…"

After all, he didn't know how long he would stay in this place, so he had better prepare first.

As a mage who could use magic and was quite powerful, Shao Ci quickly found a job. Occasionally, he would teach magic to some students and earn a lot of money. It was even a daily salary. The other party kindly arranged accommodation for Shao Ci and even invited a few demon servants.

Although it was only a small two-story residence at the edge of the inner city, Shao Ci was only staying here temporarily anyway. It was enough to live there.

  …………

  ……

Erek woke up from his drowsiness and found himself lying on a soft bed that he had never felt before. He smelled a faint fragrance, and his body was covered with a quilt. It was very soft and comfortable.