《115》

Shao Ci wasn't truly knocked out; he sensed it when Kevin attacked him. Shao Ci immediately used his psychic power at that moment, and afterward, Kevin saw nothing but an illusion.

Initially, Shao Ci was shocked and angered, thinking Kevin was up to something. Surprisingly, Kevin did something unexpected—he kissed Shao Ci in the illusion.

Shao Ci's emotions became complex for a moment. "..." This game is really too gay.

But Shao Ci genuinely wanted to know why Kevin didn't run away and stayed behind.

Soon, the butler arrived and took Kevin away.

Kevin seemed to accept his fate, showing no emotional fluctuations.

After they left, Shao Ci quietly followed, suspecting this might be the end. He hadn't figured out how to deal with the antagonist boss properly.

Sighing, Shao Ci contemplated facing the situation head-on. Fortunately, he had an escape plan; even if things went south, the system could save his soul.

--------------------

This time, the sacrifice unexpectedly took place directly in the hall with the forbidden god statue.

At this moment, unrelated individuals were driven out, and the hall was gathering many influential figures within the family.

Inside, many people appeared bewildered, as if they had just learned about the matter. Kevin's two brothers were naturally among them.

After all, this was the most crucial sacrifice; everyone had to be present.

Richard breathed a sigh of relief, thankful he hadn't disclosed what happened earlier. Otherwise, today's sacrifice might not have been the crippled one but him.

The family head approached Kevin, looking at his youngest child, revealing a hint of reluctance for the first time. He sighed and said, "The family will remember your sacrifice."

Kevin's expression remained unchanged, but inwardly, he coldly chuckled. What family? He had never considered himself a part of this family. If possible, the complete destruction of this family would be his ideal.

On the floor, a complex magic circle was already drawn, surrounded by four or five bodies, sacrifices for the forbidden god. The circle's position coincided with the direction of the statue, and Kevin was pushed into it.

Shao Ci, hiding nearby, was surprised. This scene vaguely resembled the later sacrifice events in the dungeon...

He pondered whether to intervene but sensed a very familiar aura upon entering the hall. Reason warned him that leaving now would undoubtedly lead to significant trouble. Eventually, he restrained his impulse.

In the end, Kevin was just an NPC in the dungeon. Despite some reluctance, for the greater good, there was no other option.

"..." Kevin looked at the compassionate statue before him, feeling increasingly mocked.

It was this deity worshipped by the family that took away everything from him, yet now he could only get what he wanted through it.

As the magic circle illuminated, dark mist spread from its surroundings, dimming the entire hall. The forbidden god statue seemed to become more vivid.

Kevin felt the familiar chill enveloping his body. This time was different; there wouldn't be a future... a relief for his past self, perhaps.

'You've held on until now, quite the commendable material.'