《80》

In the imperial capital city.

In a luxurious mansion, Morley lay on the bed with a gloomy expression.

Although his body had mostly recovered under healing magic, he could never retrieve the hand that was bitten off by the magical beast.

Even though it wasn't his dominant hand, it was enough to infuriate him.

Morey was a prodigy with limitless potential, likely to become a holy mage. How could he tolerate having a defect?

He wished he could cruelly kill Raphael, who caused all of this, but Raphael was stronger and had a higher status. Morley feared he wouldn't be able to seek revenge.

The servant then came and informed him that the Crown Prince was coming to visit.

Although Morey was arrogant towards others, he still respected the Crown Prince. After all, the Crown Prince was his only hope to deal with Raphael. So he asked the servant to let the Crown Prince in.

After some words of comfort, the Crown Prince said seriously, "I know you're in pain. Do you really want to endure this situation?"

"How is that possible?" Morley gritted his teeth. "But I can't deal with him."

"Although he is my younger brother, it's not easy to solve the situation when he commits such a violent act in the imperial capital," the Crown Prince said with a distressed expression. "I believe no one wants to see such a cruel person become the ruler of the empire."

Morley's eyes lit up. If one were to put it bluntly, he had only stolen Raphael's magical pet. Raphael had no right to cripple his hand like that.

Thinking back to that day, Morley still had some lingering fear, but when he saw his lost hand, hatred surged within him.

The Crown Prince believed he had found an opportunity and immediately accused Raphael in front of the Emperor. He emphasized how ruthless Raphael had been, attacking a disciple of the holy mage in public, and how he had ruined the future of the prodigious talent. It was truly terrifying.

Such a morally corrupt person shouldn't be spared just because he was a prince. He should be sent to the holy city where the Radiant Church was located to learn a lesson.

If Raphael had harmed an ordinary person, no one would care. But he had harmed a disciple of the holy mage, and many people were conflicted. Offending the holy mage would make things difficult. It should be noted that the holy mage was more important to a country than the Emperor, not to mention that Raphael was just a prince.

Although everyone knows that the Holy Mage almost took Raphael as his disciple, it didn't happen in the end, did it? On the surface, people say that the Holy Mage admires Raphael, but who knows if it's just empty words to save face?

In such a situation, the Crown Prince's foolish proposal surprisingly gained support from many people.

At this time, Princess Eleanor seemed to want to teach her disobedient son a lesson. She didn't speak up and even forbade the family members from saying anything.

For a while, it seemed like everyone was leaning towards the Crown Prince's side. Some of Raphael's followers also showed a tendency to switch sides and support the Crown Prince.

In this critical moment, Raphael seemed completely unconcerned and was taking care of Shao Ci at home.

His subordinates were going crazy and hurriedly came to find Raphael. "Your Highness, why don't we apologize to Morey? Maybe we can salvage the situation."

"No need," Raphael said nonchalantly. "Just silently observe."

It was only then that Shao Ci realized that Raphael had unleashed the magical beast to bite Morey that day because of him, resulting in Morey being severely injured.