《72》

Arc 4: Cultivation (end)

Shao Ci dragged his heavy body, using his healing ability to repair himself while struggling to move towards the direction of the main hall.

At this moment, he realized that living in such a big place was also a very troublesome thing. He had never realized that walking could be so tiring.

If he didn't have the healing ability, he would probably have collapsed on the road. However, this ability was not omnipotent and couldn't help with his soul...

"Speaking of which, what is Si Wuyue doing?" Shao Ci couldn't help but think of something to distract himself from the current pain.

And how was Si Wuyue able to attack him from such a distance?

 【That's because the previous target left a mark on the host's body, so they can use magic on the host no matter how far apart they are.】

Shao Ci: "..." It seems like the Immortal Lord mentioned it before.

Si Wuyue was truly terrifying. It seemed like he couldn't escape from him as long as he stayed in this world...

 【Don't worry, there is a technique in this secret realm that suppresses the soul, so the host's soul won't leave.】

Shao Ci: "..." Really? Then why does he still feel so uncomfortable right now, as if he's about to die...

 【Although the host's soul cannot leave, it also cannot return, so it causes extremely intense damage to the body. A slight carelessness could lead to death.】

Shao Ci: "Hey!" So, does that mean he can still eat his bento?

Shao Ci remembered that he had eaten his bento three times in this world, and now he only had one chance left!

If he used up this chance, it would be troublesome if something happened in the future.

【So, the host needs to be careful.】

As soon as the system finished speaking, Shao Ci felt another tearing pain in his chest, and his consciousness became much blurrier. He stumbled and almost fell to the ground.

Shao Ci was about to curse. Could you really survive in the cultivation world just by being careful?!

Not knowing how far he had walked, Shao Ci finally arrived at the main hall. As he leaned against the wall, catching his breath, he saw the situation inside.

Inside the hall, there were two people facing each other in a standoff, and the one clearly in a weaker position was someone Shao Ci was very familiar with - Ling Wangchen.

Shao Ci: "!? Wait, what?"

He had originally thought that Ling Wangchen and the Immortal Lord were the same person... But now it seemed that even though they were the same person, their consciousness was different.

Shao Ci's emotions instantly became complicated.

At this moment, the Immortal Lord appeared more casual, while Ling Wangchen was struggling to resist, with many injuries all over his body, making his movements much slower.

When Ling Wangchen saw Shao Ci, he was clearly taken aback for a moment, and then he was immediately trapped by spiritual power, unable to move.

The Immortal Lord chuckled softly, "If you're daydreaming at a time like this, everything will be over."

As he spoke, he was about to stab his sword towards Ling Wangchen.

In that instant, Shao Ci's heart skipped a beat.