《118》

[Beep beep beep... A character with a higher force value has been detected... Following the system's rules, the Raiders' replacement has commenced... Replacement completed, and the current Raiders is Wendel.]

As Shao Ci felt the warmth of that hand, he momentarily staggered, almost blinded by the brilliance on the other side. Even with expectations, the smoothness took him by surprise.

Entering the carriage, a cozy ambiance enveloped him. The Rodriguez family's wealth extended to hiring top-tier magicians, ensuring a magic array maintained the carriage's temperature.

Wendell, unfazed by Shao Ci's soiled attire, gently held his hand, revealing the circumstances. Learning Shao Ci was an orphan, he promptly offered him a place in his home.

The nearby waiters frowned, perplexed by the young master's unusual behavior. This was just a destitute child from Wangduli. While Windel had been kind before, he never actively approached such individuals. What had changed today?

Someone hesitated, "Master Windel, should you reconsider..."

Wendell smiled, listening before saying, "Though I appreciate your concern, I have my own ideas. Didn't my father mention finding me a playmate?"

Shao Ci was astonished. Why would the heir of a wealthy family like Wendel choose him? He had expected to be taken in as a servant.

Another voice chimed in, "But how can such a lowly person-"

Wendell's gaze turned icy. "Are you deciding for me?"

Realizing Wendell's status, the speaker fell silent. Shao Ci sighed in relief, fearing a sudden change of heart influenced by others.

...

"Is the water temperature okay?" A soft voice echoed behind Shao Ci.

In the bathroom, Shao Ci, immersed in warm water, nodded. The unexpected comfort left him drowsy. Wendel, washing his hair, looked on with concern.

Post-shower, Wendel handed Shao Ci clothes. "Feeling tired? Let me help you dress."

Initially hesitant, Shao Ci, weakened by hunger and fatigue, relented. Changing into new clothes, he felt a renewed sense of life, reflecting on the dire conditions of the slums.

In the restaurant, the aroma of a well-prepared meal filled the air. Waitresses, respectful and unjudging, attended to both with professionalism.

"Sit here," Wendell gestured, placing Shao Ci by his side. Hungry, Shao Ci, eager to start, trembled, his fork wavering.

Wendell, observant, swiftly held him close. Stiffened for a moment, Shao Ci, despite his age, found solace in Wendel's embrace.

"It's okay, let me feed you," Wendell reassured.

Relieved, Shao Ci agreed. After all, eating was the priority, and Wendell, inexplicably drawn to him, fed him with a tenderness that defied their short acquaintance.

Wendell, noticing Shao Ci's enthusiasm, smiled and gently touched his head. "It doesn't matter; as long as you take good care of your body, you can eat whatever you want."

Shao Ci, ignited with enthusiasm, prepared to use his healing powers-all in the pursuit of food!

That night, Shao Ci slept in Wendell's room. Although he preferred solitude, being with the other party had its advantages. After all, daily tasks still needed attention, saving him some trouble.

The last world's virtual environment lacked daily tasks, but this world differed. Neglecting tasks here would result in punishment.

Later that night, as Wendell slept, Shao Ci, careful not to disturb, leaned over and gently kissed his forehead.

Mission completed!

Relieved, Shao Ci fell asleep.

Over half a month passed in an instant.

The Rodriguez family's owner and his wife were away on important matters in other countries. Wendel, now the manor's master, treated Shao Ci with utmost kindness. Shao Ci's life mirrored that of a noble, spending every day with Wendell.

Despite the playmate label, Wendell had little time for leisure. As the family heir, he devoted mornings to learning the mainland's history and geography, afternoons to swordplay, and evenings to magic. Remarkably, Wendell excelled in all, impressing his teachers. During breaks, he remained with Shao Ci, leaving the latter astonished.

Is this protagonist too perfect?

In the mornings, Shao Ci attended classes, gaining a deeper understanding of the world. The continent once coexisted with various alien races until the Demon King's appearance. Magic gas from the abyss and the demon world transformed many races into monsters. The temple's divine magic could purify them, elevating the temple's status. However, the demon threat reduced the habitable human areas. Brave individuals, chosen by God, fought the demon king heroically but perished.

Shao Ci pondered the protagonists' challenging destinies.

During afternoon combat classes, Shao Ci observed from the sidelines. Recalling his experiences in the Western Fantasy World, he subtly tested his magical abilities. The system interrupted with a new revelation.

[Because of this world's unique circumstances, a plugin is added to the host.]

Shao Ci questioned, [What is this plugin?]

[The host's body possesses purification power capable of cleansing monsters.]

Shao Ci puzzled, [Purification system?]

[Simultaneously, a new mainline mission is added. Purify ten monsters with the required force value to leave this world. The detailed purification method will be revealed when the first monster is encountered.]

Shao Ci exclaimed, [Hey?! This new plugin seems like a troublesome addition! And what's with the mysterious purification method?]

[Other than that, everything remains the same. Host, continue to strive.]

Shao Ci couldn't help but sigh, "I always feel like trouble is brewing." On the bright side, he'd stick with the protagonist and purify monsters encountered on their journey. Task accomplished!