《138》

Later, Scar Jack assembled a group of teammates, forming what appeared to be a mercenary group.

Initially, Shao Ci thought such a large group was unnecessary, but Scar Jack insisted, stating that having more people increased the chance of success. Shao Ci reluctantly agreed.

Once the mission details were clear, the group set out. Shao Ci had no intention of lingering in the area for more days.

The underground ruins were extensive, with an entrance not far from the village, cleverly concealed beneath rocks.

Upon entering the ruins, the temperature instantly dropped, and the surroundings plunged into darkness, illuminated only by oil lamps.

The structures, resembling buildings, were mostly buried in sand. Originally a kingdom beneath the desert, the current remnants were relatively weak monsters, but the valuables within the buildings had already been plundered.

As the remains went deeper, the monsters grew stronger, and the treasures more abundant.

Knowing Shao Ci was a master of gold and a powerful magician, everyone treated him with respect. Some secretly disdained him, doubting a magician's presence in such a place. They believed Shao Ci might be a novice claiming to be a magician.

Encountering monsters along the way, the group managed to overcome them. When facing more powerful monsters, the group was in disarray. Previously, encountering such monsters would lead to casualties and potential destruction.

Surprisingly, Shao Ci swiftly resolved these monsters with clear and precise magic.

After this display, no one questioned Shao Ci's abilities anymore. Everyone regarded him with awe, relieved to have a powerful magician to prevent mass destruction.

Thanks to Shao Ci's leadership, progress was particularly swift. After a day of hard work, they reached the entrance of the underground palace.

Few had ventured to this area due to powerful surrounding monsters. The dark palace walls were covered in dark vines, creating an eerie and strange atmosphere.

All were first-timers, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. Their eyes turned to Scar Jack, the only one with experience.

Scar Jack's expression intensified. "The last time I was here, I found a shortcut to the palace nearby. There are fewer monsters there, but it's not easy to deal with."

Although aware of the challenging monsters awaiting them, nobody showed signs of retreating; instead, their excitement grew. Each person, driven by the possibility of finding treasures in the legendary palace, accepted Shao Ci's employment not just for the gold coins but also for the chance to become masters if they survived.

Scar Jack guided the group through a cave, said to be the sewer of an ancient palace. After traversing a dark passage, everyone's eyes widened.

Inside, the palace differed from the dim ruins outside. It remained undamaged, with intact buildings and even small flowers growing where there was once a garden.

Some unknown light source brightened the palace, creating a stark contrast to the outside.

Everyone stood in awe, gazing at the scene before them. Even if told people once lived here, they wouldn't be surprised.

"Everyone, be careful," Scar Jack, the only one accustomed to such sights, warned. "This is the most dangerous part. The ancient magic circles inside are still active, posing more threat than the monsters."

Though vigilant, the excitement persisted. The well-preserved palace hinted at untouched treasures within.

Shao Ci felt a familiar sensation, and upon a brief recall, he recognized the palace. It was the same one he had seen in Yuvens' dreams.