《74》

Arc 5: Western

Bryce looked down at the furball in his hand.

Because of the scratches from the wolf's claws just now, most of the furball's body was injured, and its white fur was stained red with blood.

It was so lively and energetic before, but now it seemed completely drained of energy, shrinking in Bryce's  hand, with no sparkle in its eyes.

Bryce's  heart felt like it had been cut by sharp knives, and a surge of gloomy emotions kept welling up, wishing to torture and kill the culprit who caused the injuries.

Bryce  immediately began transferring energy into the furball's body. He didn't know what else to do, but he vaguely felt that this could heal the furball's wounds.

The furball's body was already very fragile, and Shao Ci was on the verge of death. With his healing ability, he could easily heal the furball, but he was afraid of being discovered by Bryce, so he had to continue pretending to be in a near-death state.

Just as Bryce was sending his energy, he realized that his own body was heating up, as if some strange power was flowing within him.

Marvin, who witnessed everything, was stunned, but then he recognized that the person in front of him was his long-lost brother. Although he didn't understand how he had obtained such power, his impression of his brother had always been that of a useless waste. This wouldn't change in a short time.

Marvin angrily looked at Bryce and said, "What are you doing here, you useless waste? How dare you kill my magical pet. Father will never let you get away with this!"

Bryce, upon hearing his words, lifted his head and slowly revealed a smile on his face, which was more beautiful than anyone Marvin had ever seen.

The smile was extremely gentle, but his pale blue eyes showed no emotion.

For some reason, fear surged in Marvin's heart for a moment, but he shook his head, thinking that Bryce was just a waste after all. Even their father had abandoned him, so what could he possibly do?

Marvin looked at the furball in Bryce's arms, with its injured wounds exposed, and sneered, "It seems like you've been taking care of this furball all these years, huh? Well, it's no surprise. A waste like you can only take care of such a small piece of garbage."

"Is that so?" Bryce spoke softly, "Has no one ever told you that you're noisy?"

"What did you say..." Before Marvin could finish his sentence, he felt an immense force pressing down on him, causing him to be slammed onto the ground.

Looking up, he saw a translucent greenish-blue giant claw in mid-air, pressing down on his body. Upon closer inspection, he realized that the claw was identical to the one from the previous encounter with the magic wolf.

If one looked closely, they would notice that the claw was highly unstable, formed by countless small wind blades coming together.

Marvin, who was familiar with magic, immediately recognized it, "This... this is wind magic?"

Even though Marvin was considered a genius, he could only conjure a few small wind blades. It would be impossible for even the magician his father had hired for a hefty sum to create a giant claw like this... No, even his father himself might not be able to do it.

Does this mean that his useless waste of a brother has more talent than him? That couldn't be possible! He refused to believe such a thing.

Marvin looked at Bryce with fear and disgust, gritting his teeth, "You monster!" How could someone who wasn't a monster possess such power?