《124》

Langton City, a bustling city located at the border of two countries, is an essential stop on the way to the Holy Capital.

Even from the carriage, one could see a part of the prosperous city. Shielding his head, which had become groggy due to the carriage's bumps, Shao Ci widened his eyes.

Wendell, riding a horse beside him, leaned over and softly said, "Endure a bit more. We'll be there soon."

During these days of travel, Shao Ci had stayed inside the carriage. The other knights scoffed at this matter, finding it unbelievable that a so-called hero could be so delicate.

However, due to their fear of Wendell, they remained respectful and polite in his presence.

"Yeah," Shao Ci nodded, feeling a bit flustered. He didn't know how the plot would develop because, in the original story, they directly went to the Holy Capital via water.

In the typical setting of this type of game, there was no way there wouldn't be something dreadful happening in Langton City!

Shao Ci initially wanted to suggest that they take a detour to the Holy City. However, the knights, who had been on the road for days, were eager to rest. It was impossible for them to heed the words of the current hero, Shao Ci, who had little authority.

Moreover, even Shao Ci himself felt physically and mentally exhausted from these days of travel, not to mention the more than ten days spent in the cave earlier. Now, he was eager to find a place to rest, indulging in good food and drink.

—In any case, they had overcome the previous challenges; this time should be no problem!

Soon, in the evening, everyone entered Langton City.

After Wendell provided identification, they were immediately welcomed into the mansion of Count John, the city lord.

Count John, a middle-aged man, warmly received everyone, arranged accommodations within the mansion, and prepared a delicious feast in the evening, instantly invigorating the initially weary Shao Ci.

After finishing dinner, it was time to rest.

Following a servant, Shao Ci entered his room, lay on the bed, covered himself with the quilt, and, observing Wendell sitting nearby, finally realized something was amiss. He immediately spoke, "It's so late now... shouldn't we sleep?"

"I'll be sleeping in this room tonight as well," Wendell smiled slightly.

"Huh?" Shao Ci was suddenly shocked. "Is that okay?"

Wendell's attitude was very casual. "Didn't we used to sleep together before?"

"That was in the past!" Shao Ci said. "Now that we've grown up, it's not good to sleep together. Besides, we're not at home. It would be troublesome if someone saw us."

"Yeah," Wendell seemed somewhat depressed. "You've grown tired of me, haven't you?"

"It's not like that!" Shao Ci hurriedly said. "I'm just afraid it might affect your reputation!”

"W-why would I? I don't care about such things at all." Wendell sighed, gently running his fingers through Shao Ci's hair. "During the time you were away from me, I couldn't rest properly every day. Every time I closed my eyes, I wondered if you were in danger somewhere."

Shao Ci: "..." Suddenly feeling a bit guilty.

Although Wendell usually seemed invincible, he had that saintly and kind character, and he must have been worried about Shao Ci for a long time. Thinking about it, Shao Ci felt that Wendell had it tough as well.