《140》

Upon touching the crown, Shao Ci's vision blurred for a moment, and then he found himself in a peculiar space.

"What is this...?" Shao Ci pressed his forehead, feeling a slight ache, while gazing bewildered at the surroundings.

He now stood in a garden where numerous flowers bloomed, and even the sensation of a gentle breeze on his face felt remarkably real. However, Shao Ci couldn't shake the sense of impending danger; this place didn't seem as peaceful as it appeared.

It seemed the crown indeed harbored a curse, but what exactly was this curse?

Reluctant to leave recklessly, Shao Ci felt his forehead growing more painful the longer he stayed. It was evident he couldn't linger.

Following a small path, Shao Ci walked forward. The flowers around him gradually diminished, and soon he reached the outskirts of a city.

The architecture of this city differed markedly from structures Shao Ci had encountered on other continents; it bore some resemblance to ruins, perhaps reminiscent of the underground ruins from before.

Upon entering, he immediately saw many people bustling about the city. These passersby had vague features, as if pixelated, completely ignoring Shao Ci.

Growing increasingly uneasy, Shao Ci diligently observed his surroundings, tuning into the conversations around him.

"Are you also attending today's sacrificial ceremony?"

"Yes, how could we miss such a grand event? It hasn't been held for over a dozen years."

Shao Ci perked up his ears, realizing that these people's words might hold the key to breaking free from this strange curse.

"I heard this time the offering is the prince."

"Pah, isn't he just a child born of a heretic? Can he truly be considered a sacrifice? He's tarnishing the noble bloodline of His Majesty the King."

"That wicked sorceress deceived His Majesty and bore this impure child. Using him as a sacrifice should surely please the gods even more."

...

...

The tone of the crowd was filled with joy, but Shao Ci's complexion grew increasingly grim.

From their words, he had already pieced together what might be happening in this place.

After all, in the past, this continent also had religions worshipping other gods, considered heretical. These heretics seemed to possess some peculiar methods themselves.

The king of this country had gone against public opinion, developing a relationship with a heretic called the witch. However, after giving birth to a child, he abruptly turned hostile and executed the witch.

From the conversations, Shao Ci inferred that the child had survived, but the situation was dire.

He was allowed to live, but not because he was the king's child; it was for the sacrificial ceremony that had been prepared for over a dozen years.

Shao Ci: "..." He felt like he had guessed why this country had met its demise.

If he was not mistaken, that child was probably the key to this curse. Being the son of a witch, he likely possessed some extremely formidable power.

What should he do to break free from this curse? Save the child from the sacrificial ceremony or eliminate him?

After much deliberation, Shao Ci decided to go to the scene of the sacrifice.