《71》

Arc 4: Cultivation

And so, Shao Ci enjoyed a few days of leisure.

Every day, there was someone to attend to him. Even if he didn't have much strength, it didn't matter because food and everything else would be brought to him. He just had to open his mouth.

And the person attending to him was none other than Ling Wangchen, who had such good looks. It was truly a treat.

But Shao Ci couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off.

Lately, he hadn't seen anyone else. Although there was always fresh spiritual food on the table, there wasn't even anyone delivering it... At least before, the Sect Master of the Star Gate would come.

And Shao Ci had a vague feeling that this was something that happened a long time ago. But no matter how he thought about it, it felt like he hadn't left the Star Gate since he arrived.

Maybe he had been living too comfortably recently, which caused this illusion?

He always felt like there was something important that he couldn't remember. What could it be... He tried to think, but couldn't recall. It probably wasn't something very important.

What could be more important than living a good life and avoiding packed lunches?

Just as Ling Wangchen brought over a plate of fresh spiritual fruits, Shao Ci forgot about his previous thoughts. He let Ling Wangchen carry him to the table, his eyes shining as he looked at the fruits.

Being here was so boring, only eating could make him feel energized.

"These spiritual fruits contain a lot of spiritual energy. Your body is still weak, so you can only eat two," Ling Wangchen reminded.

Shao Ci absentmindedly nodded, not really taking his words seriously. He reached out and picked up a fruit, putting it in his mouth.

The fruit melted in his mouth, and the moment he ate it, he felt spiritual energy spreading throughout his body, nourishing every part of him and giving him an incredibly relaxing feeling.

Although the cultivation world had its pitfalls, the food aspect was still pretty good!

Shao Ci was so moved by the taste that he almost cried. He accidentally ended up eating several fruits, and only realized afterwards that he might have eaten too much.

Countless spiritual energy scattered in Shao Ci's body, but because the Qi Refining stage could only accommodate a small amount of spiritual energy, it began to run rampant in his meridians, causing a tingling sensation.

Shao Ci immediately felt uncomfortable, his face turned pale, and he couldn't move as he leaned on the table, only able to look at Ling Wangchen with pleading eyes.

Ling Wangchen, however, looked at him with a faint smile on his face. He calmly reached out and wiped the cold sweat off Shao Ci's face before asking, "Are the spiritual fruits delicious?"

Shao Ci looked at him with teary eyes and realized that Ling Wangchen seemed angry. He immediately apologized and grabbed Ling Wangchen's hand, saying, "...I'm sorry...please help me..."

In the past, whenever he accidentally ate too much, Ling Wangchen would look at him helplessly, sigh, and then come to help. Why was he so angry this time?

Shao Ci felt that if he didn't apologize, Ling Wangchen would definitely look at him in pain and not lend a helping hand.

"Will you eat so much next time?" Ling Wangchen looked at Shao Ci and spoke softly.

"No, I won't." Shao Ci was in distress and choked, "I absolutely won't eat so much next time, even if it's delicious..."

Ah, it was so miserable to have low cultivation. He couldn't even indulge in delicious food.