《90》

In a dark and conscious space, there is a hill that stands out from the rest. On top of it, there is a slightly old building. Besides not having many people, it is almost identical to the buildings in the outside world. No one would think that this is the conscious space created by the God of Darkness. The most different thing here is that there is almost no sound, and the silence is somewhat eerie... after all, it is a place where no living beings exist. Only in the small house in the backyard, there are a few low sobbing sounds, occasionally mixed with hoarse pleas.

"Didn't I say that you would feel disgusted if I touched you? But now, you seem excited," said the handsome young man with dark hair, looking at the celestial being sitting on him, speaking in a gentle tone.

"N-no... um..." Shao Ci weakly supported his body with his hand. He felt a strange sensation coming from under him, a mixture of the pain of the dark elements corroding his body and the surge of power entering his body, making him somewhat dazed.

Seeing this, Bryce smiled slightly, reached out, and touched the wings behind Shao Ci. As expected, Shao Ci's body immediately tensed up, and then completely collapsed onto him.

  …………

  ……

In the room, Shao Ci curled up on the bed, his pale body marked with ambiguous traces. The pair of wings on his back hung softly, with a dull sheen. A silver chain was tied around his ankle, emitting a cold gleam.

In these past few days, the continuous influx of dark elements into his body had left Shao Ci completely exhausted, with no strength left even to move a finger.

...Damn it, he really wanted to be an ordinary human.

Beside him, Bryce brought water to Shao Ci's lips and gently spoke, "Do you want to eat something? You must be tired after a night of torment."

Shao Ci hesitated for a moment but eventually nodded.

In this conscious space, both Shao Ci and Bryce existed in a spiritual state. Naturally, there was no real food here. Although Bryce could create something that looked and tasted similar to real food, it was actually condensed from dark elements.

Shao Ci couldn't care less at this point. Since things had already reached this stage, what harm would a little more dark element intake do?

Bryce gently fed the food to Shao Ci, just as he had done countless times before. He would even pat Shao Ci's back carefully, making sure he swallowed slowly to avoid choking.

Although Shao Ci hadn't fully inherited the power of the God of Darkness, he had gained some of the god's memories.

If dark elements were directly infused into the body of a celestial being, they would undoubtedly die. Therefore, Bryce used a gentler approach, constantly using various pain-relieving magic on Shao Ci's body.

Shao Ci had been wanting to find an opportunity to figure out where Bryce had thrown away the last remaining clone, but sadly, Bryce had no other business. He would stay by Shao Ci's side from morning till night, constantly watching over him.

No matter what actions Shao Ci took, they would be immediately noticed, not to mention that he couldn't even break free from the silver chain.

Would he really have to stay in this ghostly place with Bryce forever if things continued like this…(?)¹

  …………

  ……

On that day, amidst a daze, Shao Ci opened his eyes and felt himself lying in someone's embrace. He lifted his head and was stunned.

The person holding him was a young man, an incredibly beautiful young man. The resemblance between him and Bryce was evident, revealing his identity.

Compared to the other clones, this young man seemed somewhat shy, nervously looking at Shao Ci and softly speaking, "You're awake..."

Shao Ci's heart skipped a beat. If he guessed correctly, this must be the final clone. Looking around at the mist-filled darkness, he asked, "Where is this?"

"This is a place where my powers can control. I secretly entered your dream when that person wasn't paying attention," the young man explained.

"...What do you want?" Shao Ci was initially surprised but then remembered that this person was also a part of this space. In fact, he and Bryce were the same person, so it was normal for him to enter dreams and such.

"I know you want to leave here," the young man said firmly.

Shao Ci nodded immediately. How could he let go of this possibly one and only chance to escape? Staying by Bryce's side was still acceptable, but he wouldn't forget his ultimate goal.

Leaving this world should be the top priority!

Speaking of which, this young version of Bryce was quite shy. Although they looked the same, the differences in their personalities made Shao Ci question if they were two different people.

"I want... to know about you," the young man softly spoke.

"Huh?" Shao Ci was taken aback. He never expected the young man to say something like that.

"That person won't know what happens in here, so it doesn't matter what you say," the young man quickly added, "I just... want to know what you like, to understand you better."

At first, he was just a formless monster without a human shape. But upon seeing that person for the first time, desire arose within him.

He wanted to possess Shao Ci, to be close to him, to have him.

He knew that all his companions had similar desires. After all, they were all fragments of the same consciousness.

After countless devourings, he finally obtained a body and became capable of independent thinking.

He also realized that he was just a chaotic aggregation of consciousness, lacking sufficient strength. One day, he would be devoured..