《142》

Awakening from the dream, Shao Ci suddenly sat up.

What was that white figure he just saw? Could there be secrets about Wendell that he didn't know...

For the first time, Shao Ci felt this sense of not being able to grasp the truth. Before this, he had a God's eye view and knew everything about the original story. But after the plot changed, everything became different.

"Are you awake?" Wendell pushed open the door, holding a bowl of hot porridge. He casually walked over, placing it on the bedside, and turned to smile gently, "I thought, following your usual habits, you'd sleep until midday."

"That, that was a long time ago!" Shao Ci unconsciously replied. Suddenly, he remembered something, looked at Wendell with surprise, got out of bed hastily, "Wendell, are you... are you okay now?"

But perhaps from expending too much mental energy in the spiritual world, Shao Ci unexpectedly couldn't stand steadily for a moment, almost falling to the ground. Fortunately, Wendell caught him in time.

Shao ci then grabbed onto Wendell's sleeve, carefully examining him. Wendell in front of him looked exactly the same as before, except for a slightly paler complexion. Even the smile on his face was similar.

It seemed like he had indeed recovered.

Only then did Shao Ci breathe a sigh of relief. Wendell, on the other hand, simply lifted Shao Ci and placed him back on the bed, "You should rest now. You used too much energy earlier."

"Yeah," Shao Ci nodded. He was just too excited seeing Wendell all right. At least all his efforts before didn't go in vain.

As for Yuyens , Shao Ci figured he had probably already left. Yuyens  never liked appearing in front of people other than him, and he seemed to have a strong aversion to Wendell.

“I'm already fine.” Wendell picked up the porridge from the side and scooped it with a spoon, feeding it to Shao Ci. This action was extremely familiar, considering they had done it countless times over the years of their past interactions. "Thanks to you, you woke me up."

Shao Ci's face changed, suddenly recalling what Wendell had said to him in the spiritual world before.

"I remember everything you said to me before," Wendell said softly. "I'll be waiting for you."

Shao Ci nodded hesitantly, "Uh, yeah."

Anyway, for now, this was probably the best way to handle things!

Shao Ci quickly finished the bowl of porridge, feeling warmth spreading through his body. His previously hungry stomach was now satisfied. He finally remembered something crucial, "By the way, what happened back then?"

"Hmm?" Wendell, still tidying up the plates, turned his head to listen to Shao Ci's question.

Shao Ci continued, "I mean... about the previous Pope. You didn't kill him, right?" The memory of that godly display still vivid in Shao Ci's mind, "Certainly, it wasn't you who killed him?"

"About that..," Wendell's smiling expression faded, his face turning serious. He spoke in a low voice, "I did it."

"?!?!" Shao Ci was utterly baffled.

Even though Wendell in his mind was no longer the saintly figure, this was something Shao Ci couldn't imagine him doing!

"I don't know what happened." Wendell frowned, as if recalling something extremely painful. His face grew paler, "At that time... I suddenly lost control of my body, as if I were just a spectator, watching everything unfold..."