《91》

However, Yumir seemed to ignore the words of those people and checked Shao Ci's body. He furrowed his brow slightly and sent his own power into Shao Ci's body.

Yumir's power achieved a delicate balance with the surging dark elements within Shao Ci. Finally, Shao Ci could breathe a sigh of relief.

Then, Yumir carefully wiped away the blood from Shao Ci's face, seemingly unconcerned about his own clothes getting stained with blood.

After doing all this, he coldly glanced at the priests.

Seeing Yumir's expression, the priests could tell that His Highness intended to protect this Angel tainted by dark elements. They immediately expressed that they wouldn't speak of it.

But then, golden magic circles appeared on the ground around them. Those standing on the circles were all stunned. Before they could react, their bodies turned into specks of light.

Shao Ci: "??"

"It seems that a dead person's mouth is more reliable," Yumir said calmly.

Shao Ci: "!" Hey, what have you been through all these years? Even though your personality was a bit cold back then, you didn't seem as gloomy as you do now.

But Yumir did all this for him... After all, it would be troublesome if the dark elements were exposed. Thinking about it, Shao Ci's feelings became complicated.

Then, Yumir carried Shao Ci out of the temple and instructed his subordinates nearby, "Take care of the inside."

The subordinates immediately nodded respectfully. It seemed that such things had happened more than once.

On the way, Yumir still tried to conceal the situation, as it would be troublesome if the bloodstains on Shao Ci were seen.

After returning to the palace, Shao Ci casually glanced around. The furnishings seemed similar to before.

Shao Ci felt extremely uncomfortable all over his body and could only lie on the bed and catch his breath.

He had no idea what kind of curse Bayes had placed on him... If things continued like this, he would definitely be in trouble.

Yumir carefully examined Shao Ci's body and furrowed his brow. He whispered, "How did you end up with so much dark elements in your body?"

Shao Ci hesitated for a moment and said, "...Actually, I have a curse on me. It occasionally flares up like this. If it continues like this, it will only cause trouble for you, Your Highness... It would be better to let me leave like this."

If things could go smoothly like that...

"I will help you break the curse," Yumir said, reaching out to wipe the cold sweat off Shao Ci's face. His exquisitely crafted face still showed no expression as he spoke softly, "You are an Angel, destined to belong here."

In the past, a careless mistake had led Shao Ci to leave his side. Yumir would definitely not make the same mistake again.

Shao Ci: "..." Wow, Yumir's determination is quite firm.

Yumir tried to guide the dark elements out using the previous method but found it completely ineffective. Even when he thoroughly examined Shao Ci's body, he couldn't sense the presence of dark elements. He could only feel the already very thin light elements.

It seemed that the curse wasn't something easily undone.

Yumir furrowed his brow and could only suppress the curse with his own power for now.

After doing all this, Shao Ci was extremely exhausted and fell asleep immediately.

Yumir carried him, preparing to take a bath. After all, things had already come to this point, and it would be better to clean up.

As Yumir removed the blood-stained clothes, he paused.

On Shao Ci's fair body, there were ambiguous marks that extended from the thighs to the inner parts. One could almost imagine how others had kissed this body.

Yumir's gaze darkened slightly as he gently pressed his hand against those marks. Shao Ci's body trembled, as if it had been stimulated.

  ——

When Shao Ci woke up, he felt refreshed and realized that he was wearing new clothes.

"Wait a minute?" Shao Ci suddenly remembered what happened earlier and quickly opened his clothes. To his relief, there were no marks on his body. He finally relaxed.

Of course, that was just something that happened in the world of consciousness. It shouldn't have any effect on his physical body in reality.

Shao Ci completely let go of his worries.

No, it wasn't the time to relax just yet. He only had three days and needed to find a way to leave.

Yumir, just like before, held Shao Ci and sat down to eat.

When Shao Ci was being held by Yumir, he was on the verge of sweating. Fortunately, after experiencing so many worlds, he had become somewhat accustomed to the electric sensation and could barely pretend to be normal.

The servants brought familiar food. Shao Ci felt a sense of gratitude. During his time in the world of consciousness, life was unbearable. He could only drink Bayes' blood every day.

As Shao Ci put the food into his mouth, his expression changed.

The food that used to taste delicious now had almost no flavor in his mouth.

Shao Ci couldn't believe it and tried other food, but it was like chewing wax, even with a hint of disgust.

"Why..." Shao Ci felt as if he had been struck by lightning. Could this be related to Bayes' curse?

Even if he had to occasionally cough up blood, it didn't matter. Why couldn't he enjoy these delicious meals anymore?

Not being able to enjoy good food was truly painful.

When he thought about what happened before, about Bayes' blood, Shao Ci unexpectedly felt a bit of appetite.

Shao Ci: "..." Wow, could it be that Bayes meant that he couldn't survive without his blood?!

Shao Ci quickly lost his appetite. Yumir looked puzzled and asked, "Didn't you used to love eating these?"

Shao Ci forced a smile and said, "Maybe it's because of the curse. I always feel like I have no appetite."

Yumir's expression changed slightly, but he didn't say anything. He simply had the servants take the food away.

Shao Ci racked his brain, thinking about how to escape.

The map of the Angel clan could be provided by the system, but there were many guards in the palace, making it impossible for him to leave. So, the first thing he needed to do was to find a way out of here.

As for the matter of the symbiotic contract between Yumir and himself, he would deal with it later. There might be a solution by then.

At that moment, a servant brought a invitation card. "Your Highness, this is an invitation from the Berg family. They invite you to attend tonight's banquet."

"Not interested," Yumir immediately declined.

Shao Ci immediately grabbed his hand and, enduring the discomfort, said, "Your Highness, I want to go."

"Why?" Yumir asked.

"There must be a lot of delicious food there," Shao Ci came up with a reason that seemed reliable to him.

Yumir reached out and touched Shao Ci's hair, whispering, "Then, let's go with your wishes.”