《111》

For a moment, Shao Ci stiffened. He absolutely did not want to meet Xavier again!

He had no idea how much time had passed since he left the game, but Xavier now appeared a bit older, resembling a seventeen/eighteen-year-old.

In the next moment, golden threads once again entangled him. Xavier's apologetic voice came, "I didn't want to treat you like this. It's just that if I don't stop you, and you leave again, what would I do?"

Gritting his teeth, Shao Ci asked, "What do you want?"

"I just want you to accompany me," Xavier replied, lifting Shao Ci and walking with him.

Shao Ci only then realized that they were near the restaurant where he had taken Xavier before. However, to his surprise, the restaurant was now devoid of any bodies, completely empty, without even a trace of blood. This abnormality caught Shao Ci's attention.

Even if he manipulated those bodies to clean up, it wouldn't be this pristine. Or was Xavier involved in…

Xavier chose the same spot as last time, seating Shao Ci in his lap (now that he was taller than Shao Ci, he could easily do this). He smiled and said, "I've always wanted to do this."

Shao Ci noticed that as Xavier's appearance matured, his personality also became more mature. However, he still preferred the innocent and naive young Xavier he met at the beginning!

"In the past, I always thought you were tall and mighty. Now I unexpectedly find you quite delicate," Xavier said, lowering his head to nuzzle Shao Ci. "But with me here, Father doesn't need to worry about any problems."

Shao Ci: "..." Aren't you the biggest problem?

Xavier surprisingly started eating the food. Shao Ci was truly puzzled about who on this presumably deserted spaceship was preparing food for him.

Soon, the zombies brought the food.

Even looking at the delicious and fragrant dishes, Shao Ci had no appetite. After all, he remembered the food in this instance had no taste.

Xavier enjoyed a delicacy from this world and then stuffed a dessert near Shao Ci's mouth.

In this situation, Shao Ci had to force himself to eat the food, which, just like before, had no taste.

"Now, I can take care of Father like Father used to take care of me," Xavier said.

Shao Ci: "!" What is this mysterious father-son deep affection plot... oh well, at least there's no immediate danger now.

Yet, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Everything around him seemed oddly out of place.

Watching Xavier happily eat, a sudden memory surged in Shao Ci's mind. It seemed to be a research report stating that the experimental subject could only sustain life by absorbing psychic energy and specially crafted food. Regular human food would trigger a strong adverse reaction.

Although brief, the memory held significant information.

Almost instinctively, Shao Ci confirmed that the experimental subject mentioned in the report was Xavier. Could his ability to casually eat human food now be a result of further evolution?

But Shao Ci felt it wasn't that simple. Suddenly, he remembered that the abandoned spaceship world from before could be a virtual world created by Xavier's psychic power. If that's the case, could this world also be created by him?

Even if Xavier was powerful, casually massacring a ship full of people seemed excessive. The excessively clean restaurant, every detail seemed to tell him that this might be the truth.