《93》

Arc 5: Western (end)

After resting for a night, Shao Ci felt much better. He left a letter and used the map provided by the system to avoid other servants and leave the estate.

Just as he stepped out of the door, Shao Ci felt a sudden weakness. When he regained consciousness, he realized that he had turned into a ball of fur.

Shao Ci: "Oh no!" Wow, being a heavenly being is really inconvenient. It's so frustrating to turn into a ball of fur just because I don't have any power.

Fortunately, the appearance of a furball is not very noticeable. Shao Ci walked around the city carefully and didn't bump into anyone. He managed to squeeze his way to the vicinity of the temple.

Sure enough, there were many guards in front of the temple, including Andrew.

Shao Ci immediately felt apprehensive. Why is this person here too?

After the incident before, Andrew was sent to the temple by his family to serve as the captain of the guards. They said he didn't have much to do staying at home. Although being the captain of the guards was not as good as being a subordinate to Prince Yumir, it was still a good job with a promising future.

Andrew had been holding back his anger. He had never experienced such suffering in his life. Naturally, he didn't dare to blame Prince Yumir. All his anger was directed at Shao Ci.

Previously, it was because Prince Yumir had been protecting Shao Ci that Andrew didn't make a move. Now he was waiting for an opportunity to settle the score with Shao Ci.

Andrew sensed something and quickly walked over. Behind a bush, he saw a silver furball that flinched when it saw him.

"Where did this cub come from?" Andrew furrowed his brows and immediately picked up the fluffy cub.

Shao Ci was so scared that his body stiffened. He didn't expect Andrew to discover him so quickly. It would be troublesome if the other party found out his identity.

Andrew had never seen any other cubs before, after all, he was the youngest in the family.

He sensed a somewhat repulsive aura from the cub in front of him, which reminded Andrew of that Shao Ci.

But when Andrew lowered his head and took a closer look, he saw the cub trembling fearfully in his arms, which made him couldn't help but rub it gently.

How could such a cute cub have anything to do with that annoying waste?

Shao Ci was completely dumbfounded. He had thought that Andrew would discover his identity and subject him to all kinds of torture... but instead, Andrew just started vigorously rubbing his head??

... Looking at it this way, maybe turning into a furball was actually a good thing.

Seeing Andrew coming back with a cub in his arms, the other guards only raised an eyebrow slightly. After all, a cub that couldn't even transform into a humanoid form like this posed no significant threat. After asking if they should help Shao Ci find his family, they let Andrew be.

Shao Ci endured the humiliation and allowed Andrew to pet him.

When Andrew was patrolling closer to the entrance of the temple, Shao Ci took the opportunity to jump down and swiftly dashed into the temple before Andrew could react.

Andrew wanted to chase after him but was held back by the others.

"Captain, we're not allowed to enter the temple right now."

"But that cub..."

"If we go in, we'll be in trouble with the priests."

"It's just a cub. The Goddess probably won't make a fuss. It will probably be sent out later."