Ch. 5 Jumpscare

Colby's POV:

Colby watched as Macy followed Sam down the stairs, slight jealousy trailing in his gaze. The first time he saw Macy he was shocked. He knew she was beautiful, but being in person was a whole other story. It was whatever though, it's not like she would be into either of them anyways. They were here for ghost hunting and spirit purposes anyways

Colby quickly made his way downstairs, finding the two sitting on the couch, chatting.

"-Yeah! I mean it was so fast, we were only up there for what? 20 minutes?" Macy said.

"Yeah that was insane. Hey Colbs we were just talking about our little encounter. How's the scratch?" Sam stood up.

Colby looked at the back of his arm. Now that Sam mentioned it, the wound kind of stung and it had puffed up a tiny bit.

"Eh- I'll live don't worry." Colby chuckled.

Macy giggled and Sam laughed. "Colby, always tough in front of the ladies!" Sam gave Colby a nudge.

"Hey! Maybe I'm just hard to scare!" Colby retorted

"Only time will tell, Mr. Colby Brock." Macy grinned.

Sam gave Colby a look as his heart rate sped up. Colby had a thing for being called mr or sir.

"Again with that look!" Macy exclaimed, glancing between Sam and Colby.

Colby cleared his throat, changing the subject. "Round 2 upstairs?"

Before anyone could respond they heard loud knocking, making the three jump.

"Oh. It's just Corey and Seth!" Sam sighed with relief, heading to the front door to greet them.

Macy turned towards Colby, grabbing his wrist before he walked off. "What does Sam mean when he gives you that look? Both times I've said Mr to you." Macy asked.

Colby put a hand to the back of his head. "Oh.. It's nothing, i just have a thing for when someone calls me mr- not a big deal." Colby muttered.

Before Macy could respond, Corey and Seth walked into the room, saving Colby and embarrassing chat.

"Heyy! What's up man!" Corey went and gave Colby a hug. "And nice to meet you Macy." Corey shook Macy's hand and she smiled.

Seth then walked in with Sam. "Hey Colby, hey Macy!"

Macy waved, looking slightly nervous.

"Everything alright?" Colby quietly asked Macy.

"Yeah, they just let some unpredictable spirits in though." Macy responded quietly back.

"Like attachments?" Colby asked.

"No.. Like spirits from outside the house." Macy squinted.

"Oh. Well keep us updated on their behavior." Colby nodded to Macy.

"I will!" She grinned

"So we are ready to do another round upstairs?" Sam asked, rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah!" Seth and Corey said at the same time.

"Sure." Colby said, rubbing the back of his arm.

Everyone looked at Macy then. "Let's do it!" She smiled her beautiful smile. It became contagious, making Colby crack a grin and Sam give a gentle smile.

The five now made their way upstairs, discussing who would do the Estes method first.

"Colby already did it so I vote for Sam." Corey said.

"Me too." Colby agreed.

"Personally, I would vote for Corey but eh lets go with Sam." Seth shrugged.

"Then it's settled, Sam's going first.

Sam sighed. "Don't ask them any questions that will get them mad!"

"We'll try our best." Macy smiled.

They got to the chair, nothing moved since they left besides the camera because they were filming.

Sam sat in the chair grabbing the blindfold. "Good luck." Colby grinned.

"Thanks, I'm going to need it." Sam turned on the radio, slipping the headphones on.