Ch. 63

TW: DEATH

Macy's POV:

Third person

Macy woke up as her phone buzzed. It was pretty late so she wondered who could be calling her.

She picked up her phone and saw Colby's name flash across the screen.

Jake was also awake now, yawning as he sat up.

She answered, putting the phone on speaker.

Stifled sobs immediately blasted through the speaker, making Macy flinch and give Jake a strange look.

"Colby??" She asked, feeling slightly weirded out.

"M-Macy.. He's- He's gone!!" Macy could hear Colby's panicked voice. He sounded like he had been crying for a while.

"What-?" Macy asked, shaking her head. "Colby are you alright? What's going on?"

There was some shuffling until Corey's voice took up the speaker. "It's Sam, Macy.. He- He.." His voice was shaking also. It was also rich with pain and sadness.

"He what? What happened to him??" Macy asked, more concerned now. Jake intertwined his hand with hers, squeezing it tightly as he looked at her, confused.

"He died." Corey almost whispered.

Macy's face dropped as she processed the information.

"No- this is a prank. This isn't funny, Corey and Colby." Macy denied, shaking her head, tears pressing against her eyes.

Jake's eyes were wide as his grip on her hand weakened. He slowly shook his head. "Macy.. This isn't a prank.. I've lived long enough with them to know they wouldn't joke about this."

"W-What- Why.. What happened?" Macy stuttered, still in shock.

There was no reply for a second before Macy heard a sniffle, Corey speaking up once again. "He stormed out of the house because he got mad at Colby, disappeared for 3 hours, and then called us while he was.. well.. Dying.."

A loud cry blasted through the speakers. It sounded like Colby.

Macy didn't respond as tears were running down her face.

Jake pulled her into a tight hug, his hands shaking slightly as he was doing so.

"He's at the hospital now and they said they would call us when they had an update on him." Corey said after he took a deep breath.

Macy still didn't respond, sobbing harder into Jake's chest.

She hoped this was some sort of cruel prank. Even if her and Sam went through a bit of a rough patch, she had admired him for so long.

He was sweet, kind, funny, and cute, there was no way that he was just... gone. He had so much more life to live, it was hard to believe he lost out on all of that.

Jake held her tightly, resting his head on hers.

Corey remained on call, not speaking. Muffled cries could be heard on their end as they all cried in silence, grieving the loss of their young friend.

Then Corey hung up. The phone dropped from Macy's hands as she clung onto Jake. He just rubbed her back slowly as she felt a few of his own tears fall to her shoulder.

When she pulled away she had those hiccupy gasps as she wiped her eyes. "H-he can't b-be gone.." She cried, the sentence broken.

Jake just shook his head. "I'm so sorry Macy.. This hurts I know." He said, his voice cracking.

Macy just shook her head and got up, throwing on a hoodie and shorts before walking out silently on the couch before Jake could say anything.

She sat on the couch, pulling up her photos to find her memories with Sam.

They made her cry harder as she scrolled through them.

Jake then sat down next to her, looking at the photos with a solemn face.

"I-I know m-most of these are from when w-we were together.. B-But.." She trailed off as a photo of everyone from the traphouse having a good time in the pool together, Sam holding the camera to take the photo.

They all looked so happy.

Unaware of what would happen just a few weeks later.

Macy just buried her head into her hands. As a medium, when it came to death it hurt. Especially people close to her.

She can see and feel the pain as spirits and ghosts watch their loved one's grief. This just doubled the amount of heartache she felt for her losses.

Jake's POV:

Jake was still in shock as he watched Macy break down. He slowly took her phone away from her, setting it on the coffee table.

He grabbed her waist as they adjusted, laying down together.

It was surreal to think Sam, who has always been there, was gone.

And why? No clue. How? No clue. Where? Again. No clue.

Jake could only imagine the amount of pain Colby must be going through. He knew Sam was Colby's rock. What was he going to do without his best friend? Their channel was Sam and Colby for a reason.

What would the traphouse do? Obviously this is probably going to affect them all. They probably would stop posting on social media.

Not forever. At least Jake probably wouldn't. They all probably needed time to process this.

Jake shook his head as he rubbed his face angrily. Why did the worst things happen when everything finally gets good.

(Author's note): Sorry for the short chapter!

Tysm for reading, especially for 7.03k like you guys are insane (in a good way)

Stay safe out there!! Love you all.

It's also my birthday so yay.