Ch. 56

Macy's POV:

First person

I clung to Jake as we started boarding. I had decided not to get anything for the nasty bruise forming on my arm. The incident had shaken me up a bit and left me anxious. Jake had probably noticed as he held onto my hand gently but firmly. (A/N: Yeah makes sense right)

The boarding took forever as everyone in line slowly walked with their luggage, looking tired or bored as we all slowly made our way into the plane.

When we made it to the plane, the flight attendants greeted us and smiled, encouraging us down the line of people filing into their seats and placing luggage under their seats or in the overhead compartments.

(A/N: I'm listening to one of Jake's songs rn writing this. I'm in the car blasting it. ((Animal)) It's literally so good-)

Instead of leaving our stuff to get from the conveyors at the next airport, we decided we had a small enough load to just bring it with us.

Finally we found our seats towards roughly the middle of the plane. I got the window seat (of course) and Jake got the middle seat. No one had sat on the aisle seat yet so I crossed my fingers we would have our row to ourselves.

After a couple more rather long minutes, someone ended up sitting next to Jake. It was a middle-aged looking woman with her dark brown hair slicked back into a small ponytail and ripped jeans with a plain black long-sleeved shirt.

I looked at Jake for a second and he shrugged. She seemed nice enough, why would we worry?

Meanwhile, the pilot came onto the intercom, going over the rules and stuff for the plane. After the whole drill, I grabbed Jake's hand as I rested back into my seat, ready for a long flight.

~time skip~

I woke up as Jake nudged me gently.

"Hm?" I lifted my head as he looked at me.

"I'm bored." He said with a grin, his soft lips itching into a guilty and playful smile.

"And you woke me up for that??" I rolled my eyes as I rubbed my face, sitting back as I checked the time on my phone.

"Sorry babe." He shrugged. "Also we've been flying for about 2 hours. So we're like- halfway I think." Jake shrugged.

"Alright. Have you slept at all?" I asked, resting my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Yeah a bit, but I keep waking up from the turbulence now and then so I became bored." Jake kissed my forehead.

I raised an eyebrow. "There was turbulence?" I asked.

"Mhm. Not too bad, I'm just a light sleeper." Jake explaind, nodding his head.

I frowned. So was I, but I guess not today. "Okay."

"Why? Everything okay?" He asked, looking at me with a concerned look.

"Yeah, just curious." I shrugged simply, grabbing his free hand with mine and giving it a squeeze as I yawned.

"Okay." Jake smiled as he rested his head on mine.

I felt so safe in his arms, even if we were only in an airplane. The events from earlier had left me quite shocked, so I was glad Jake was there to protect me. Now I probably sound like a pick me or something like that but seriously, if Jake hadn't been there, I don't know what I would've done.

The seatbelt stuck into my side as I shifted to grab my phone from my pocket. Jake grinned into the camera as I took a photo and posted it to both Instagram and Snapchat, both with the caption; "Halfway to Florida with Jake."

I tagged him in both as I took a couple more photos, peering out of the window. The clouds were fluffy and white and the sky was a pretty blue. I gazed down at the land below us.

It seemed so surreal that there was life down there, now that we were so high in a huge aircraft above. It almost seemed impossible something so big was so small, just from a distance.

I sighed as I clicked off my phone, resting my head on Jake's chest and closing my eyes, falling asleep once again with him not far behind.

~time skip~

I woke up once again, my fingers intertwined with Jake's. I didn't move from his embrace as he was sleeping and I was contently comfy, so instead I just took out my phone and took a few photos.

I checked the time and it was 2:14. The time zone must've already switched since we had been in the air for about 3 hours now, L.A being 3 hours behind Florida time.

I yawned and went to Instagram to see what people were up to.

~time skip~
(A/N: Sorry y'all I just feel like it's so boring i don't wanna just put in fillers for the whole chapter 😭)

Jake had woken up and we were about to land in like, fifteen minutes.

Me and him chatted in the meantime, both of us being bored as we have been sitting down for the past 4 and a half hours.

I was kind of excited to be back home, and even more to bring all my stuff back to the traphouse, and not excited at all to deal with selling my apartment.

All I knew is that I had to sit down and talk money with my landlord. Boring. Dreaded. Not fun. The only benefit is maybe getting a few hundred bucks out of the deal, since I bought all the furniture myself.

There was no way we would be able to get everything back to L.A, plus my bedroom already has furniture so there would be no point.

I was kind of sad to have to leave my hometown, where I grew up, but glad to be able to make new memories and experiences with all my new friends.

I sighed as I shook my head. Crazy how one youtube trip totally changed my life.

Not only that but I'm moving across the country too.

I hope once I settle back in L.A I will be able to continue my ghost hunting and exploring, along with helping people out again.

That definitely had taken a pause after the conjuring house due to the shit that had gone down there.

I hope Jake and Sam and Colby would be there for some of the investigations, along with me being able to join them occasionally.

All I know is that I am ready for this change and I hope everything goes well and I am able to enjoy life with my boyfriend and friends. Without any drama.

Word count: 1192

(Author's note):

Hey.

Been a minute.

Sorry about not posting, as I had said before I just haven't had the time.

I will try my best to get a chapter out now and then but for now I am still on a tiny bit of a break.

Thank you all so so so so so so so so much for 4.4k reads!!!