Ch. 35 Break

Colby's POV:

Third person

When Colby woke up, he stretched and cracked his neck.

Why did I decide to sleep on the couch? Next to Corey?? Such a bad idea.. He thought.

His eyes went wide as he really remembered what happened. He looked at his arms and legs, feeling and looking perfectly fine, besides being a tad bit sore.

Colby got up to see Corey sleeping peacefully. He paused when he heard screaming outside. He ran to the patio to see Sam and Elton spraying Macy and Jake, who were rather... White? With the hose.

Macy clung onto Jake as a human shield as the water washed most of the powder off.

"I'm- not even going to ask.." Colby sighed, bringing his hand to his face.

"Colby!! Come help us!" Elton waved me over, Sam grinning.

Colby walked over to the two with the hose as Jake had accepted his fate and was trying to put Macy in the stream of water.

"What- Why..?" Colby asked, shaking his head.

"Oh- they had cornstarch all over them and couldn't go anywhere without making a mess, so our solution!" Sam explained to me.

Jake's hands were around Macy's waist as he held her in the spray of water. Colby saw Sam frown for a moment before taking the hose from Elton and shooting Jake right in the face with the water.

Jake sputtered. "Hey-! What- Aghh!!" He attempted to say something but Sam kept spraying him.

Elton took the hose back from Sam and turned it off. "That's enough for you, Mr. Over-protective."

Sam rolled his eyes as Colby walked over to a shivering Macy.

"Hah!" She laughed at Jake who was completely dripping wet.

"No fair! Your boyfriend teamed up against me!" Jake retorted.

Macy flushed at the comment, dismissing it. "Can we get a towel? Or something-"

Elton nodded. "Yep- On it." He rushed inside the house.

Sam walked over to Macy, smiling. "You're welcome."

She rolled her eyes. "Wanna hug, Sammy?" She asked in a baby voice.

"Oh- god no-" Sam tried to run but Macy gripped him in a bear hug, getting him all wet.

Jake joined in the hug, getting Sam's back all wet as well.

Colby laughed as Sam squirmed. "Serves you right!"

"You wanna join us, Colby?" Jake asked, opening his arms.

"Oh- I'm good thank you." Colby backed away slightly, his hands up.

Elton came out with towels, handing them to Macy and Jake, laughing at Sam's wetness.

"I see they got you, huh?" He laughed, poking Sam.

"Sure did!" Colby grinned.

~time skip~

They sat down on the couch, deciding to watch a movie while Jake and Macy were upstairs editing their video to post on their channels.

They decided to watch Blue Beetle, a new DC movie that had come out.

(A/N: Watch it. I dare you.)

They started the movie, Devyn cuddled up with Corey (Who had woken), Sam sitting next to Elton who had Colby next to him. Tara had sat on Devyn's side.

Then there were two empty spots for Jake and Macy once they were done.

Devyn had made some popcorn for all of them to share which didn't last very long.

When we were about an hour into the movie Jake and Macy finally came down and sat down.

Macy next to Sam, Jake next to Macy.

Corey and Devyn had fallen asleep when we finished the movie, and Colby was super tired himself.

He went up to his room and fell asleep.

Word count: 615

(Author's note): Sorry about the short chapter this is mostly plot building and a fun bonus chapter!

Love y'all

Stay safe out there 🫶