Ch. 41 Forgiveness

Sam's POV:

Third person

Sam sat in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He had been laying there since he came back from Macy's room.

He was a wreck. His hair ruffled and his eyes were red and tired. He kept thinking back to the moment Macy flinched, the memory playing over and over in his brain. How could he ever do that to such a beautiful and caring girl? Even if they broke up and she was dating Jake, Sam still cared for her, more than he should.

He rubbed his face as he sat up. He had heard Macy and Jake leave the house, not that it made his situation any better. Sam still was angry at himself for being such a dense jerk when he broke up with Macy. Not only that, he had fought Jake, punched Macy, and made her flinch. He didn't even know what had happened to her besides seeing the blood on the side of her face when she did fall and the bandages from when he apologized.

Sam stretched as he slowly got out of bed. He checked the time to see it was around 11 o'clock. He shrugged as he combed his hair slightly, walking out of his room when he was finished. He took a visit to the kitchen, munching on some extra toasty cheezits.

Sam checked his phone to see the video had been posted a while ago. He tilted his head as that was pretty fast for their schedule. Normally they filmed a video and took a few days to edit it then posted it a couple days after. He sighed as he sat down on the couch, scrolling through tiktok. Anything to keep his mind off of what happened today.

He really didn't pay attention to who was awake or not. He was sure multiple people had walked around, he just didn't notice.

Sam had gotten snapped out of his little bubble when he heard the front door open, seeing Jake and Macy walk in with their fingers intertwined. He got up and went upstairs quickly, not having the courage to face either of them. He was sure Macy was still mad about him punching her and Jake probably was too since Jake started fighting Sam in the first place.

He went and knocked on Colby's room door to be met by a sleepy-looking shirtless Colby. Sam sighed as he walked into the room, sitting down on the bed.

"What's up, man?" Colby asked, yawning as he sat down next to him.

Sam sighed again. "I feel like I messed up so bad.. I don't know if they will ever forgive me. Especially Macy." He said with sadness and guilt twisting his features into an upset expression.

"Oh.. She told me you guys made up?" Colby asked, confused.

"I- we kinda did.." Sam muttered. "But I went to brush my hair back and.. S-she flinched when I raised my hand.." His voice got more upset the more he spoke.

Colby's eyes widened slightly. "You never meant to hit her, it was just an accident. I'm sure she didn't mean to flinch-" He tried reasoning.

Sam shook his head, interrupting Colby. "She did though, and it's my fault."

"I- Sam.." Colby started. "She knows you know you messed up. The accident happened today, it's going to be a sore subject for her for a while. Literally. And not only that, you guys are going through a breakup too." He explained.

"Yeah but she very clearly has moved on, and here I am, punching her and trying to punch her new boyfriend because I learned that they fucked. So clearly there is something wrong with me." Sam's tone was angry and sad. He was pretty broken..

"No.. Sam there isn't anything wrong with you.." Colby's arguments were weak, leading Sam to believe his own words were true.

"Thanks Colby." Sam said after a moment of awkward silence. He decided to end their conversation and walk out of the room door as he needed to be alone when he walked past Macy's room, hearing a strange noise. Sam wasn't sure what it was so he knocked gently on the door.