Ch. 21 Blurry

Colby's POV:

I watched as Sam clicked off the camera. His hands were shaking, his eyes were wide, tears pooling his eyes as well.

Macy comforted him. "Really tough to watch huh?"

"I'm sorry.." Sam whispered.

"For what? You were the one who got hurt! If anything we should be sorry for you!" I said, finally pulling up to the window where we get our food in the drive thru.

"I'm sorry to put you guys through that. I-" He grabbed at his head, ruffling his hair even more.

Macy stopped him, asking what was wrong while I grabbed our food and thanked the worker.

Once we had everything I pulled into a parking spot to eat.

"I remember everything now.." Sam whispered, his face pale, his features in a pained expression.

"What do you mean?” Macy asked.

"I- I felt it- Talking-" He choked out, his breathing fast.

"Woah woah calm down, Sam." I turned around in the driver's seat.

Macy grabbed his hand and stroked the side of his arm gently. "It's ok Sam, it's over now.. I get it was scary, but you have to stay strong. We don't know if the spirit followed us or not, and I have been blocking out any spirits to not deal with anything so we truly have no idea."

Sam shook his head, leaning over with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. "I can't.." He whispered.

I had never seen Sam so broken and in pain. It was hard to watch as my best friend broke down, tears flowing down his face.

Macy just hugged Sam, letting him cry on her shoulder. This experience was something everyone of us wouldn't forget.

Sam finally calmed down and I held up the food sheepishly. "Food anyone?"

Macy grinned, grabbing the bag. "You hungry Sam?" She asked.

"I a-" Sam started but stopped. He thought about it for a moment, then shook his head. "No thanks.." He shook his head.

"You sure?" Macy looked at Sam warily. "Your body probably needs the energy."

"No I'm fine." Sam shook his head with a slight grimace.

"Ok.." I said, unsure. Sam had never denied food like that.

15 minutes later me and Macy had nearly finished up eating our food. My phone buzzed and I saw I had a text message from Corey and Seth. They had made it to their hotel and wondered if Sam was doing well. They offered to stop by and I told them that we were just finishing eating and they should stop by our hotel to check on Sam. After all mentally and physically he didn't seem too good.

I started the car back up and we drove to the hotel. When it was time to get out I realized that Sam may not be able to walk.

"Hey Sam?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He mumbled back.

"Will you be able to get to our hotel room?" I asked gently.

"I will probably need some help.." He admitted and sighed.

Me and Macy got out of the car and opened Sam's door. He swung his legs around with a grunt, pain glazing his eyes.

Sam slowly stood up, his feet touching the ground. He shifted his weight fully on the ground. I could tell it hurt like hell (A/N no rhyming intended) because his eyes watered and he tensed up.

"Here- Lean on me." I offered, stepping up to his side.

He shook his head. "No- I got this." His voice was strained and he didn't look too confident but I backed off.

I gave Macy a look. First not eating and then not accepting help when he was in pain? This didn't sound like Sam.

Sam took a step forward, then another, then another. Soon he had a steady pace going. I could tell it was extremely painful though from his grimaces and small groans. We soon got to the lobby, I checked in as Macy was next to Sam. Their fingers locked together and he seemed to be putting off some weight on Macy and she seemed glad. I gave her a small thumbs up when Sam wasn't looking and she gave a tiny nod back, along with a gentle smile.

We walked to the elevator, Sam still walking with Macy. He had slowed down dramatically and he kept muttering "Ow!" under his breath.

I slowed down my pace to walk by his side. I wrapped my arm around his and immediately his weight transferred to mine. He shot me a grateful look as we continued to the elevator.

Right before the doors opened, we heard Corey and Seth arrive in the lobby. We waved them over after they spotted us.

Sam groaned under his breath, his face twisted into a pained expression.

Before I could ask him if he was okay, Corey gave me a big hug and I smiled, hugging him back.

Corey went to Sam, going in for a hug. "How are you doing Mr. Demon?"

Sam shook his head, holding out his hands. "No hugs.." He said, shifting away from Corey, almost stumbling over.

"Yo you alright man?" Corey asked, grabbing Sam's wrists before he hit the ground. Sam let out a yelp of pain as he stood back up.

Sam managed to shake his head before leaning onto me. I grabbed his shoulders, giving a worried look to Macy and Seth.

"I knew he should've eaten.." She muttered under her breath as we made our way into the hotel room with a very weak Sam.

(Author's note): PRAY FOR SAM Y'ALL HE AIN'T DOIN TOO GOOD 😭🥹