Chapter 7

As I walk into the kitchen, I come to a sudden stop when I see two women sitting at the table. One of the women is considerably older than I am, and the other appears to be a little bit younger than I am. Both of the women are dressed in a manner that is comparable to mine. As soon as I bring them inside, I notice that the younger woman has a chain fastened to her ankle and is linked to the chair on the side.

Just like the one I was wearing yesterday.

I still have my chain connected to my ankle, its just not attached to anything. As i walked into the kitchen i now know the reason that i was free to walk around.

The younger women is chained but the older one isn't.

The older woman greets me and says, "Hello, my dear please come join us."

"Who are you?" I asked, and mentally fuss at myself because I was unable to keep my lips closed before the question came out.

"Excuse me?  I'm the woman that gave birth to your husband ! It would serve you well to give the oldest woman in this family respect!" She glares at me while simultaneously raising one eyebrow.

As I make my way slowly to the table, I take a seat there, unsure of what to do next. I have a lot of questions for his mother, who is standing here right now. I'm sure she notices the chain that's wrapped around the other girl's ankle, but I don't think it bothers her at all.

Does she approve of this?

Did Colton kidnap her too?

To get a better look at the girl, I tilt my head slightly to the side but all I can see is that she is keeping her head down and her hair is falling over her face. She wears a ribbon in her hair much like I do, but the color of her ribbon is the same as the color of her red outfit.

"Are you aware that staring at someone is considered impolite?" The mother asked me, in an irritable manner.

Well, I'll be damned. Excuse the fuck out of me for being a little confused on what the hell is going on. This obnoxious lady is getting on my nerves already!

Your son dragged me out of my bed, kidnapped me and beat me with a bullwhip, dammit!

"Are you okay with all this?" I question her in a shocked tone of voice while pointing to the chain that is wrapped around the girl's leg.

"Oh, you silly girl. Every single female is confined in chains until she has received the appropriate education." She makes a sound like she is scolding a child as she continues "I believe that this girl has been living with my youngest son for a year, and she still has not been trained, and she still has not gotten pregnant and made me a grandma."

Pregnant?

Youngest son? So Colton has a equally insane brother running around here somewhere. Thats comforting.

She stands up, walks to the other side of the room, and grabs a chain. Then she walks back, bends down in front of me, and fastens the chain around my ankle and the chair.

I stared completely taken off guard that she is going along with another women being treated this way. I did not even hear the click of the cuff until it was too late.

"If you don't like it, I can talk to my son about another lesson," she said. She said in a manner that is as straightforward as if she were asking if I would like some damn cake.

She completely doesnt care that her sons or insane. They both kidnapped women and she keeps them chained up for them.

What kind of sick family is this?

That swiftly puts a stop to my rambling, and in response to her question, I shake my head. When I looked down, there was a bowl of grits sitting in front of me in the same place where she had indicated for me to sit when I first entered the room, so I'm going to assume that it's mine.