Chapter 26

As I come to, I can feel the gentle kisses that Colt is giving to my face. They are slow and light.

He leans in close to my mouth and murmurs, "Good afternoon, baby."

Still partly sleeping, I mumble to him, "Good morning," but my eyes are staying closed.

Before he gets out of bed to help me, he tells me, "It's time to get up and get ready to head downstairs for breakfast."

I shake my head and sit up, then stretch, before climbing out of bed and putting on my dress and panties. As soon as I complete what I'm doing, I look up and notice that he's already dressed.

A few minutes later, we are making our way downstairs. Colton is holding my hand as he guides me down the stairs.

As I enter the kitchen, I notice that his mother is preparing the dishe. Walking towards the table, Colton brings out a chair and motions for me to sit down.

I gave him a friendly grin and then I sat down.

That was actually sweet of him.

"Cains is with Rebecca?" As he takes a seat next to me, he asked his mother the question.

"Yes, he hasn't come back out, but he knows lunch is ready for them," she says as she brings his plate of food to him.

Before taking another taste of his spaghetti, he gives me a friendly smile and picks up his fork.

I stand around in the kitchen waiting for my plate. It never appears. Eventually the mother sits down with her own plate and starts eating.

Did she forget to set a plate for me? I was told that whoever cooks, has to set and fix the plates.

Did she did on purpose?

She needs to get off her high horse and realize that she is not on a higher level than I am. She is a wife in this house just like me. So she is not the head of this household in any way, shape, or form.

According to what I've been told, the only people who can hold that position are the insane men.

Sighing softly, I push my chair back from the table and stand up. I guess I have to fix my own plate, but if I would do this, I would be getting dragged downstairs.

Colt moves his arm around me and gently pulls me back while he continues to stare at his mother.

He loudly clears his throat, gaining her attention as she look up at him.

"Yes, sweetheart? " Her question was quite kind. She sounded like the most loving mother.

"There's something you left out, Mother." He says.

She gives him a puzzled look before looking around the room in an effort to identify the object to which he is referring.

She gives him a friendly grin as she brings her fork up to her lips and tells him, "Honey, I didn't forget anything. The kitchen is spotless. I cleaned the living room. I made lunch."

"You neglected to follow the rules. I will have to keep this in mind for when my father is out. You've already prepared the meal, so what are the next steps?" He requested for her.

"Dear, she is younger than I am, and she is able to fix her plate." His mother begins to explain her acts while she defends them.

"That is completely irrelevant; there is a good reason why we have these rules in place! Why are you being so critical of the girls when it comes to following the girls when you haven't even been doing it yourself?" He yells at her while thrusting his hand towards her and making a face that conveys his distaste for what she has done.

"I am very sorry, I had the impression that you wanted-"

"She has been performing really well today, and it is my responsibility to let her know when she needs to do something and what she has to be trained for. Fix the my wifes plate and don't forget your fucking place!" Colton snapped at her.

She carefully gets up from the table, makes my plate, and then places it in front of me in a gentle manner before returning to her seat and not looking at either of us.

I maintain complete silence, take my time eating, and do my best not to make any noise.

The door to the kitchen suddenly flies open, and Cain walks in. His mother jumps to her feet and fixes his plate before returning to her seat.

Cain appears to be worn out.

I don't see Rebecca approaching from behind him, and I want to ask. I'm not sure if I should. However, I can't stop myself from doing so.

"What's wrong with Rebecca-" I begin to ask, but the mother scolds me angrily.

"It's not your place to ask questions!" the mother yells, slamming her palms down on both sides of her plate.

That woman and her over-the-top acting.

I am just sitting here, quietly humming to myself on the inside. I can actually feel the fury swelling up inside of my body.  All I can hear is the loud beating sound that my heart is producing. It's about time I showed this whore that I mean business. I don't need to be afraid of her anymore. Fuck her.

"She was complaining of feeling ill, so all I was doing was making sure she was okay. Is this not my home too?" I turn to Colton and asked him.

If this is MY home, then I should have more power here than his fucking mother, because they establish the rules.  He once called this space my kitchen. Let's investigate what he meant by that.

"Of course, it is my wife," my husband said. He actually cannot finish his sentence and seems to choke up on the words as though he cannot believe I would even ask that.

Good.

"Then I should be allowed to ask simple questions about the people in my home without another woman, who doesn't really even live here snapping at me all the time," she said. "This is my home, and I have a right to be here."

I shove a big bite of spaghetti into my mouth to shut myself up. I can not believe I called my own prison my home. I really did not mean for that to come out, I just wanted to put that bitch in her place.

Oh my god, did I just stick that much food in my mouth? I can barley swallow it all.

"Are you seriously going to allow her to talk to me in such a manner?" The mother raises her voice, placing her hands firmly on her hips as she leaps from her seat at the table.

"She is correct, this is her home. She has the right to ask questions if someone is sick inside her own home." He shrugs his shoulders before continuing to eat the rest of his meal.

I'm smiling, on the inside.

The bitch-0.

Abby-1.