Chapter 12

Because I could hear footsteps coming closer to us, I sprang off his lap and moved away from him as quickly as I could. I try to avoid looking at him by focusing my attention on the television, but I can't help but feel his gaze on me.

"I love how shy you are, wife," he tells me as he loudly laughs and grabs a pillow to place over his lap to hide the cum mark. "It's one of my favorite things about you," he adds.

Disgusting.

When I think of what my body just did for my kidnapper, I have to force myself to close my eyes tightly in order to suppress the want to throw up. How could he do that when Cain and Rebecca is down at the basement?

How could I allow my body to react that way knowing what poor Rebecca is going through down in that horrible basement.

One minute later, his mother enters the room with a twisted grin on her face as she turns to face Cain and Rebecca as they make their way up the stairs from the basement. Well, Cain is walking, but Rebecca is so weak that she has to crawl. At least Colton is nice enough to carry me up.

I turn my head to the side and crane my neck in an effort to see her, but I can tell that she has been severely beaten since blood is dripping down her sides and the dress, which was once at least a little bit attractive but is now completely ruined.

The mother addresses her children as she moves to a seat on the opposite side of the room and tells them, "We need to talk about your cousin sons, I believe he needs our help."

Rebecca positions her body so that it is leaning against the wall, and she then curls her legs under her so that she can hide her face between her legs. I stare in horror as my eyes roam over her body. The back of her dress is split open in several areas. Her poor face looks horrible, he not only whipped her with that fucking bull whip but he hit her face with it too.

Her cheek has a large cut going from her ear, down her cheek, and stops near her chin.

It looks terrible, and I know she is hurting. I don't even know how she had the strength to move at this point. She looks like Cains lessons are much more harsher than Colt's, and that's saying something because his isn't easy to take by any means.

I feel so awful. I am familiar with that feeling. The lesson I received is still causing my body pain.

Colt responds to his mother in a resolute tone, "There is nothing to talk about, mother."

"But Colt, he's your cousin," the mother said, in a hard tone, but she quickly clears her throat and begins again. "He needs our help," but Colt interrupts her midway

"I said no. It is up to him to fix this. It is not possible for the police to come around here at this time, mother. Abby came just with me the other day, and I am sure that her parents are still looking for her. It's his fault. He shouldn't have allowed her to be seen by other people so soon." Colt tells her.

Did her eyes widen in shock? Did she believe that he would carry out what she asked of him? Why does she believe that she can get away with more than the rest of us wives? I mean, I believe that the men are the rulers in this family, so why does she think that she can get away with more than the rest of us?

"I must not have heard you correctly since you would never should abandon your family like that." She snarls at him and says in a harsh voice, "Your father raised you better."

"You got that correct! My father trained me to protect my family. Our cousin allowed for this to take place. I will not let the rest of our family be dragged through the dirt by rumors and the police simply because that little fool chose a bride when he was too young and didn't properly train her. I will not stand for the police being called over here!" Colton lashes out at her before standing up and leaving the room.

His mother is completely taken aback, as she stares in towards her son's back, but she remains silent. I suppose that the old bitch, just like the rest of us women, will occasionally have to choose which battle to fight.

She yells at me as she exits the room, "take Rebecca upstairs and get her cleaned up she is bleeding all over my floors!" She then turns her head to me and issues the command, before quickly following behind Colton.

She did not give me the key before leaving us.

I am still restrained in my own chains

I begin my sentence with "Umm-"

"WHAT? DID YOU NOT HEAR MY MOTHER. CLEAN MY FUCKING WIFE" I get a harsh rebuke from Cain.

I didn't want to make him angry; in fact, I didn't even want to get on Colt's bad side, much less his fiery sibling. I was trying to avoid provoking both of them.

"You-your mum didn't unchain me." I mutter under my breath, making my voice seem hushed, "I can't move to bring her upstairs."

His eyes narrow into slits as he shoves Rebecca in my direction and then walks into the kitchen, emerging one minute later with a damp washcloth in his hand.

"Clean her," he says, throwing the washrag a little to hard, making it smack hard against my face.

Asshole.

I took the rag off my face in a fit of irritation as I watched him storm out of the room and into the kitchen, and then I thought, Well, jeez. Problems with anger run across this whole family.