Chapter 13

I slowly pick her up off the ground and help her sit down on the sofa. Then, I start to clean her in a soft and gentle manner by gently pressing the wet cloth onto her face.

I gently wipe the blood away, despite the fact that it is not at all dry and is already soaking into the one washcloth that the jackass gave me. I bring the wet cloth down to her back while making her slowly turn towards me.

"Are you feeling okay?" As I continue to clean up her back, I ask her kindly while maintaining a gentle tone.

She responds with a voice devoid of feeling, "I'm OK; I deserved it."

"You are saying that you deserved what he has just done to you?" I asked while making an effort to conceal the surprise in my tone of voice.

What happened to the brave girl who tried to hide that knife?

"I should have known better, but I grabbed the knife with the intention of killing my husband. It was for the best that he taught me a lesson in that manner. There is never a reason for a wife to wish harm on her husband. "She explains it to me, her voice sounding so cold that i feel like someone is pouring cold water onto my body.

I utter these words to you in a low tone, "He still shouldn't have been so tough on your body." I am aware that Colton has wreaked havoc on my body, but the abuse that her body was forced to undergo in that hellish basement has left her body in a much worse state than mine is.

"You didn't deserve this Rebecca," I gently but told her in a hard tone.

"I did. As a wife it is my duty to cherish my husband and I thought about killing him. That is a sin against my family and if my husband hadn't of taught me my lesson, my soul would be going to hell," she whispered broken and I could see the defeat.

"Rebecca listsn to me. You have been brain washed. You don't deserve this. This isn't a real marriage. You are not legally married to Cain."

She does not utter a sound as I move the damp cloth down to her legs in order to clean the blood off of them, but there is already a considerable amount of blood on the rag, and it is beginning to smear.

"You are not Cains real wife Rebecca. He kidnapped you and is trying to force his families traditions onto you. Please don't let him keep brain washing you," I told her gently.

After another 5 minutes had passed, the mother came back into the room and came to an abrupt halt when she saw us sitting on the couch.

"I told you to take her to the upstairs bathroom and give her a good cleaning. How dare you ignore what I have to say! The mother yells, comes at me with one hand raised, and gives me a hard slap across the face.

I can't believe this, and it makes me very angry. How dare she punch me in the face! This pig of a woman has no right to touch me in any way, shape, or form!

I press my hand to my cheek in an effort to alleviate the burning sensation, all the while maintaining a fixed look on her. I have had enough, and what I am about to say may very well get me thrown down the basement myself, but this woman is disgusting. Why would another woman just sit there and watch other women be treated in such a degrading manner?

"You didn't unchain me!" I let out a loud growl at her while secretly wished I was unchained so that I could approach her and simply slap her, like she did me.

She calms herself down by looking down at my ankle.

"Well. It appears that I did forget, but you have no right to speak to me in such a manner!" Her voice cracks with anger.

"You are no more than I am here. You are just wife too. The only reason you walk around here like your the queen is because your husband isn't around," I snarled.

I hate this bitch.

She approaches me and puts the key in the lock before walking up to me, at which point the chain that was around my ankle is released.

"Now you should bring her upstairs and wash off all of the blood. You lazy little girl!" She shrieks, anger coursing through her face as it turns red. "Your right, my husband isn't here and that means I can do whatever I want and my sons will believe me over you both anyway. Your not even fully trained yet."

"I'll never be fully trained." I warned her softy so she didn't actually hear me as she walked out of the room.

How in the world am I lazy? I'm chained! I am unable to simply unchain myself; if I were able to do so, I would have done so already in order to help Rebecca.

Is it her hope that Colt will overhear all of this nonsense?

As I take deep breaths to calm myself, I reach out and put a gentle grab on Rebecca's arm. I then begin to pull her toward the stairs.

"Right now, neither of us is in the mood for any more lessons. Let's just get this out of the way, and I assure you I'll treat you with kindness." I lean up close to her ear and murmur gently so that the rat mother won't hear me.

"I want all of you to come back down here as soon as that is finished so that we can finish cleaning up this place. I want it to be perfectly cleaned. Over the past few days, it has gotten to be an unacceptable level of dirtiness. I will make it a point to inform both of y'alls husbands that you both are not doing the responsibilities of a good wife in the appropriate manner of keeping up your home," she said before she walks up the stairs.

How in the damn world is this even my fault? I just got here and have not even had time to clean anything but the damn kitchen.