Chapter 22

"Good morning baby" he whispers and kisses me on top of my head. He does this every single morning before taking his seat at the head of the table.

"Good morning" I looked up at him and gave him a small smile around the mouthful of eggs. I had scooped some up just before he made his way over to the table.

He laughs like it's the cutest thing and sits down next to me. Cain follows him inside and kisses Rebecca's cheek, a little rough if you asked me. He did it with much more force than needed.

"Wow look at this table. All the food looks and smells delicious. Who cooked it?" Cain asks as he grabs the orange juice pouring himself a glass and taking a big sip.

I started to raise my hand but the mother cuts in and says "Rebbeca did it. Abby slept late and should have been up to help her, but she decided to sleep late and Rebecca had to do all the work herself."

I widen my eyes and quickly move my head to stare at Colton. Trying to see if what the woman just lied about caused him to get mad, but he just looks at me.
Cain takes a big bite of cheese bread and groans "Wife you have never cooked this before. That's good. Cook this again"

Rebecca smiles at Cain like she is so pleased with his compliment.

That compliment should be mine. I'm not petty, but I really made sure everything tastes perfect being it was my first time cooking here. I wont lie, I was hoping to win a few points and I wanted everything to be good. So that maybe Colton would ease up with the lessons for at least one day.

Colton continues to stare at me and I just look down at my foot trying not to meet his eyes. I'm so upset. Why would Rebecca take the mother's side and not say she wasn't the one that cooked? They both ganged up on me and she knows she didn't do a single thing on the plates this morning. I did!

I'm not even joking, I am really just upset and pissed off.

"Are you sure it was Rebecca who cooked this meal mother?" Colton asks while fixing his glass of milk.

"Well of course I'm sure Colt, why would I even lie about things like that for god's sake" she snaps at him tossing her fork onto her plate giving him a dramatic show.

I actually had to fight, not to roll my eyes.

So much class for a women that acts like the ass.

I snorted at my comment causing myself to choke around the eggs in my mouth. I start choking loudly making Colton jump up from his chair. He pat his hand on my back. I don't know what else to do, but I smile and thank him while he sits back down.

It was kinda sweet.

Not really but thank God, I didn't choke.

"My wife can cook Colt. There is no need to offend her because your wife was lazy and left the work to my wife to do alone. "Cain says as he takes a big bite off his sausage.

"As I started to say. When I would check up on Abby in the mornings I would always see her making one particular food almost every single day. I would even go as far as to say that's one of her favorite things to eat in the mornings" Colt says while looking at me.

I widened my eyes not even realizing you would watch me so much. How long has he been doing that? How did I not know I had such a crazy stalker?

"What food would that be wife?" He asks me softly, but I see the anger shining bright in his brown eyes.

"It-" I shut my mouth and look at the mothers and Rebecca. I don't know what to say. I wouldn't mind getting the mother in a bit of trouble but Rebecca? I do not want to be the reason she gets hurt.

Instead of saying anything, I look down on my plate.

"Answer the question Wife. Good wives answer when their husbands ask them question. Sweetness I already know the answer but just for thier sakes you need to say it. Now tell me, which food did I always see you making for breakfast?"

Sighing softly I slowly bring my hand to my plate and hold up the cheese bread that's mostly already gone. I am hungry. I have been so cautious of the food I wasn't eating nearly enough.

That wasn't exactly saying, but I couldn't just get Rebecca into trouble like that.

He smiles and nods to me before leaning over and kissing my cheek.

"Now mother, would you like me to explain the need you felt the need to lie to me?" Colton turns his stern-looking face towards his mother.

"I don't lie. Rebecca made the food, maybe Abby told her the cheese bread? I don't know. Before I came into the kitchen it was already made" she yells at him but doesn't meet his eyes.

"You are lying! I doubt that whenever they talk without one of us it's about fucking cheese bread!" Colton snaps back at her standing up so fast he knocks the chair he was sitting on backwards and onto the floor with a loud thump.

I don't know what to do.