Chapter 30

The following morning, when I first open my eyes, I quickly pull on one of my brand new dress. The black one, before climbing out of bed. When I look over and see Colton stepping out of our bedroom. I am taken back. Is he just now waking up? Most of the mornings, he is awake before I am.

After a little pause, we get up and proceed downstairs, at which point I notice the clock hanging on the wall and realize that we have, it would appear, overslept.

It appears that the mother has prepared food once more. Her husband has already made himself comfortable at the table. He is nibbling on what looks to be overcooked burnt bacon while reading the newspaper.

Perhaps he like it that way. In fact, I can say with absolute certainty that he does enjoy it that way. Otherwise, I highly doubt he would be sitting down eating it.

Before taking a seat, she brings me and Colt a pair of bowls of porridge and then takes a seat herself.

When I look at her, I notice that her cheeks are red, and there is a handprint on one of them. She is also moving slowly. It seems that she has learned her lesson, and while I can assure you that under normal circumstances I would not be okay with ladies getting beaten, at least it isn't me right now.

From this point forward, I am responsible for taking care of myself, and let's face it, the bitch does kind of deserve it.

I sat down and frowned at the bowl. I despise oatmeal. It's not that I don't like the taste. It's just that I don't like the texture. I swear that I'm not at all picky about what I eat. There's just something about oatmeal that makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

"Whats wrong? Why are you making a face at my food?" I was questioned by the mother.

Colt chuckles at the expression I was making as I looked down at the nasty food and says, "She doesn't like oatmeal." I was making the face while gazing down at the bowl. I thought the face I was makinf was just inside my head.

"What?" She becomes irate and retorts, "That's so ungrateful, we feed her and that's how she wants to act! It's an insult to my cooking skills that she doesn't want to eat what I make, because I cook really well." She finishes by letting out a big sob and then snorting through her nose.

The husband utters the word "Wife" in a threatening manner.

I'll state again, at least it isn't me.

I've been waiting for someone to put that cunt in her place, and I am fucking loving it when they do.

"It ain't that big of a deal Mother, you don't eat lamb meat. Abby just likes fruit with her oatmeal to make it a taste a little better," she told her mother. "It's not a big deal." He yells at her. "Stop being such a bitch and hand me an apple."

She sighs as she rises from the table and quickly grabs an apple. As she walks back to Colt, she hands the apple to him and then takes a seat, but it seems as though the food that was in front of her has been forgotten.

Because her spouse is not presenting a particularly nice face at the moment. It is probably a good idea for to just cross her arms and avoid looking in his direction.

Colt begins to carefully slice the apple into small pieces and allows them to fall into the bowl. When he is finished, he mixes the apples in and hands me my spoon and bowl while winking at me.

"Thank you" I smile large at him before taking a huge chunk on my spoon.

I leaned down and gave him a peck on the cheek while saying "that was extremely sweet."

He gives me a smug grin while simultaneously puffing out his chest. He is acting like I had just paid him him highest compliment.

"Anything for my perfect wife," he smiles at me before returning his attention to the food he was eating.

Although there is a part of me that enjoys him in this manner, there is also a part of me that enjoys toying with him and ensuring that he does not become angry. There is clearly something wrong with my mental state because I cannot fathom how it is possible for me to be developing feelings for a man who has abducted me, raped me, and assaulted me.

I sit down and finish the rest of my breakfast in silence before placing my book on the table and opening it. I hope that Colt won't be upset that I want to read at breakfast before he gives me a list of chores to do, but instead he just smiles at me and looks at me like he already knew what was going to happen.

I used to read a chapter in a book every morning while I ate breakfast. It was the ideal way to start the day, and I often found myself wishing I had a man like the ones I encountered in the books I read.

Mostly Kristen Ashley, since her stories are incredible and the men in them are so sizzling that I would have to take a few deep breaths during some passages.

As I start to read the book, his father starts to drag him into a conversation about how the farm has been doing since he has been gone, and I grin back at him before turning the page to the first page.

After we have finished our meal, the mother gets up and washes the dishes for all of us.

She must be in a lot of pain because she is walking so slow. I'm concerned about Rebecca because I haven't seen her in a few days. I don't know where she is. I am wondering if she is still feeling ill. I really hope Cain will come down here at least so that I could ask him how she is doing.