Chapter 24

We finished with the animals and the crops a few hours later. It was nice being outside. I was sad to learn that I wouldn't be able to escape while running away. Not with the fence and I'm not exactly sure how they turn it off.

Maybe there is a gate somewhere along with the property?

Even if by some miracle I made it past Colton. I wouldn't know which way to run to get through the gate. I know that will only lead to one thing.

He would be so mad and upset he would likely kill me.

"Come wife, it's lunchtime. Let's go see how well Rebecca cleaned the house" he grabs my hand gently and leads me towards the house.

We walk up to the kitchen door and take off our muddy shoes before stepping inside. I don't want to get mad on the floor Rebecca just had to clean as part of her punishment.

I see Cain coming up behind up following us inside and looking around the kitchen.

"This room looks clean-" He said before heading towards the living room.
Colt smiles at me and kisses my hand that he had grabbed again once we took our shoes off.

"What the fuck-" I hear Cain snarling from the living room..

Colt pulls me into the living and I see what made him explode. Rebecca is laying on the couch and I'm not seeing anything in here changed from this morning. "I apologize, I fell asleep-" comes her startled reply to Cains roar.

He walks up to her and slaps her so hard I can hear his hand connecting with her face.

My eyes widen as I watch her fall to the floor, cupping her new red cheek.

"What is this?" Colt asked Cain as we step further into the room.

"The bitch was sleeping when I came to find her. Not only did she NOT clean the house, but she didn't even bother to clean up her fucking disgusting vomit!" He lashes out.

"Cain please I just don't feel good" she whispers softly, tears running down her red cheeks.

"I don't care! Why can't you just be a good fucking wife? I have been training you for over a year now, I gave you plenty of time to learn!" He's screaming at her completely losing his mind.

He quickly leans forward and yanks her up with her hair.

She screams and tries to pry his hands from her hair, but he won't let go as he begins to drag her towards the basement.

I can't take it. He will end up killing her if he keeps on going the way he is with his lessons.

"Wait-" I start to say before Colton squeezes my hand so hard my fingers bend.

But I don't care, she doesn't feel well. That doesn't mean she deserves a beating.

"What if she was pregnant?" I rush out quickly before Colt can do like his brother did with Rebecca and slap me.

My words make both men look up at me, I feel Colt's hand loosen around mine as he looks up at his brother.

"That's a possibility-" Cain starts to say.

Yes, it is you fool. Neither of you probably use condoms- oh god. Me and a Colt, He doesn't use condoms with me. What if I'm pregnant? I can't be fucking pregnant! Oh, God. I hope not!

"Ye-yes" I stutter out my thoughts while the word pregnant is rushing inside my head.

Just then the mother decides to breeze through the room. Quickly pressing her palm to her nose blocking away the smell.

"What smells like this, " she asks before she gags loudly.

It's not even that damn bad. Why does she always have to be so freaking dramatic. I swear this woman belongs on freaking broadway.

"She wasn't feeling well and ended up falling asleep" Cain tells her and brings his wife back into the living room and pushes her to lay down on the couch.

"Well make her get her lazy ass up and clean this room. It smells horrible!" The mother snaps.

"Rebecca said she isn't feeling well, leave it alone!" Colton answers back at her.

I think that was the second time I ever heard Colton speak up to his mother.

Good for him at least, she more than deserves it.

"Very well, Abby. Clean this room right now." The mother turns towards me and raises her eyebrows while waiting for my response.

But before I could even say anything, Colton speaks up."No mother, my wife has been outside with me in the heat all day. She needs to rest. You can clean it"

"What?" She asks us if she didn't hear him correctly.

"You. You can clean this room" He tells her to wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"But Colton is younger than me, surely she can handle a little bit more work. You wouldn't want your mother to injur herself would you?" She sputters, giving him a pitiful looking face.

The bitch.

The freaking mega dramatic bitch.

"Mother you are a wife as well, remember your place. It's your job to keep the house up just as it is Rebecca and Abbys. Rebecca is sick and Abby needs to rest. Clean the house and get this smell out." Coltons voice is much harder than it has been all day and by the way the mother shuts up she knows not to push him.