Chapter 55

A few weeks have passed and we are now close to Halloween. Coltons been giving into my horror-loving self and letting me enjoy my favorite holiday by letting me watch however many horror movies that I want.

Lucky is sleeping in the bed with us and is starting to love Colton just like I am. The past few weeks he has been a little different. He still gets mad when I forget something but when he sees my belly it reminds him that I'm pregnant and he leaves me alone, just walking away leaving me be.

Sometimes my memories threaten to push back into my head, but I quickly shut them down. I can't let them inside now, I can't let them slide back into my head and start to fuck with my mind.

This is my new life and I'm starting to become happy, my belly now has gotten a small bump that Colt loves to rub every time he is near me.

Ally, Cain's wife has been giving him trouble, I'm starting to miss Rebecca. All she does is cry and fight his lessons. It's a shame, but she just needs time to come to terms with what her new life is. It took time for me to come to realize this life's better and simpler. I sleep better, not having to hear horns honking so early in the morning. Not having to stay up late working on papers to work in fear of getting fired.

I can live and enjoy my life peacefully and that's all because of the Colton.

I'm sitting on the couch watching wrong turn 4 when Colton comes walking into the living room and sits down on the couch placing his hand over my belly and rubbing my little bump softly.

"How are you feeling, Wife?" He asks me softly and turns his head and laughs as he hears Lucky snoring close to the TV.

"I'm feeling well, I drank 4 glasses of orange juice this morning. My stomach can't handle milk right now" I whisper and close my eyes enjoying it rubbing on my belly. It's making me sleepy.

"That's a good baby. I'll be sure to get more orange juice next time I go into town" He says and leans his head close to me and gives me a quick kiss.

"What is Ally cooking for dinner tonight?" He asked me.

"I'm not sure, she doesn't talk to me. Cains chore list has been brutal" I tell him.

"Well, she needs to do everything thats on the list being you can't right now. " He says.

"Yes, I understand. It would be hard on my body to walk up and down those stairs" I whisper.

"My mother will be coming back once it gets closer to the time for the birth of our child to help you. " he says and rubs small circles around my belly.

"I'm sure I'll be fine, " I tell him and place my hand over his on my belly.

I do not want that bitch to come back.

"Nonsense wife. You will need help with your first child." He smiles at me.

I don't want to argue with him and make him angry, so I let it go and go back to watching TV.