Chapter 56

Thanksgiving is coming up and it has gotten really cold. Colton has moved our horses inside the horse shed and opened it to let them go in and out of it as they need.

Cain's wife Ally found out she was pregnant a couple of days ago and she has been milking it and honestly. She is smart to do that. It will give her a break from her lessons and chores.

Colton's mother and father arrived last night, Colton said being I'm getting further along she should come as soon as she was able and without a woman around the house to clean up and cook all the meals it was now up to his mother to pick up the slack.

That was one of the family traditions, and I'm glad for it. I can't wait to pay that bitch back for all the shit she put me through.

The father won't be staying, he will be leaving after Thanksgiving is over, but the mother will be staying until me and Ally both give birth.

Which I'm not exactly happy about at all, the thought of the evil women inside my home makes the hairs on my arms stick up.

I'm a few more weeks along in my pregnancy now and I've been so worried that I'm going to have a girl that I freak myself out. I remember reading one time that if you crave salty foods you're having a boy and lately, that's what I've been craving. Ally well Ally's been craving sweet things that is not a good sign at all.

The old wives tails say that's a girl and I pray it's not.

I just pray every night that God will bless me with a son, so I won't have to lose my child.

Colton's mother comes walking down the stairs as I'm laying on the couch singing softly to my belly, she stares at me for a minute before walking closer to me.

"How are you feeling Abby?" She asks me and sits down next to me.

Why is she so concerned now?

She wasn't before when I kept having to get lessons she herself encouraged many of them, and went out of her way to see that I received them.

"I'm fine." I tell her shorty and Lucky comes and sits down on my feet, I guess he feels how uncomfortable I am right now.

"I don't know why Colton allowed a flea ridden animal inside our home" she snaps and tries to shoot my dog away.

"My home, " I say calmly as I run my fingers down Lucks head and stroke his ear.

"Excuse me, that's not how you are supposed to talk to your husband's mother!" She snaps.

"I'm just explaining, now that I'm pregnant and officially part of this family as Colt has said, that means this is my home too and I'm allowed a say in what comes inside, " I say gently not wanting that bitch to get worked up.

She is lucky I don't have the remote to the TV in arms reach, or I'd throw it at her head. Calling my dog a flea ridden, if he is I hope they all jump on her.

I bathe him every other day!

"Well, you are correct about that I guess" she sighs loudly and leans her head back against the sofa.

"We have the family doctor coming in a few weeks to check over you and Ally and so we can learn the sex of the children." She says and closes her eyes.

"How long has he been in the the family?" I asked out of curiosity. Why didn't they bring him here for poor Rebecca.

"Oh, since he was born. His father before him and his grandfather was all doctors for our family being we can't take the women to see doctors into the towns as they could let something slip" she says.

"Yeah, I understand, not everyone understands our family traditions" I think inside my head with a sad tilt of my lips. I wish the world would let people live however they choose to live and value everyone's traditions for each family.